Adaptive cruisse control + traffic sign reader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adaptive cruisse control + traffic sign reader

Hello, have anyone Insignia B with reading of traffic signs and adaptive cruise control? I am wondering if there is a functionality to preset the speed in ACC based on actually read sign.
    The manual for MY19 is mentioning this function but it doesn't work in my Insignia MY19.
    This function is available on Wauxhall Crossland or Grandland but Insignia without?

anyone can help?
    thanks
    Pavel

Firstly are you sure it has ACC, just asking because they don't all have it, mine hasn't. If you do have it then I'm sorry I can't help. While you are here pop along to the new members section and tell us what you have got and a bit about yourself. Post some pics and you'll get a better response.

Comment

Thank you for your reply! Yes, I have ACC what is the second best thing in my this car, the first is definitely Matrix LED.
      I just to be registered a few moments ago so, I will follow you recommendation to visit new members section, bye

Comment

Originally posted by PAROLI View Post
        Thank you for your reply! Yes, I have ACC what is the second best thing in my this car, the first is definitely Matrix LED.
        I just to be registered a few moments ago so, I will follow you recommendation to visit new members section, bye
        Definitely the lights are the best thing. Second, imho, is the winter pack. Heated screen and wheel.. toasty

Comment

Love the winter pack on mine.....missed it whilst my car has been in the garage all winter!!

Comment

Mine (April 2019) doesn't have ACC but the car calculates a following distance.....wondering if it's just a software change needed to convert from standard CC to ACC?

Comment

Hi,
              I am a little bit confused by this feature naming. Opel in Czech manual for MY19 says that the adaptive cruise control use a front radar and camera to keep distance and follow a car in front and in next sentence of this manual says that there is even feature named intelligent ACC what do a copy of read trafic sign into ACC and set it as a requested speed. I know that this feature works in the other Wauxhalls like Grandland or Crossland but it looks that the “flag car” Insignia doesn’t have it... It might be somehow patented by PSA?! or why GM don’t use it?
              I am just wondering if this feature is functional in the other countries like UK, anyway thanks you answered, Pa

Comment

Hi Paroli
                The difference, as I understand it is as follows:

Standard Cruise Control - just maintains a speed.
                Adaptive Cruise Control - maintains a speed until it meets a minimum following distance, then maintains the following distance.
                Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control - as Adaptive but reads road signs/SatNav to determine maximum speed for cruise control.

Might be wrong....just how I read the manual.

Comment

For info, my owners handbook is a September 17 edition and only mentions Cruise and Adaptive Cruise control, there appears to be no link to road sign recognition within the cruise control. It maybe comes later?

Comment

Hi Propw4sh, yes, now I understand it same way as you wrote. Thanks!

It might be as Drew is writing. My car was produced in December 2019. It is curious, because the manual on official Opel web pages (opel.cz and opel.de) says in version for Model Year MY19 about this Intelligent ACC functionality but printed version physically in my car is missing this sentence. It might be a function in new facelift version.
                    happy eastern!

Comment

Working...
                    X