Android Aftermarket 10.4 infotainment systems - Technical Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BelcroSport View Post
    Hello! Finally I installed the Ownice 10.4. "I have not had any problems with the Infinity sound system, it was connecting and starting to work.

With respect to the button OPC / Sport / ESP (flexride) (in the normal Insignia the button sport / tour / ESP) at the end it looks like this:

ESP: This button is integrated in the device.
    Sport: This button I have sacrificed since I never use it.
    OPC: I bought the ECO button (start / stop) in OPEL and after a bit of research I managed to adapt the function in it.

The result is that of photography. I thank you very much for your help and I hope you like it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51[/ATTACH]
    welcome to the club. did u try to solve tha little noise in backgroud?

Comment

• Originally posted by tomjohn View Post
      welcome to the club. did u try to solve tha little noise in backgroud?
      Hello, the truth is that I have not noticed any noise. In what conditions does yours make noise?

Comment

• Originally posted by BelcroSport View Post
        Hello, the truth is that I have not noticed any noise. In what conditions does yours make noise?
        It can be barely hear like 'ssssss' in background, u can notice it, when you mute and unmute it. Have question, where did u put 4g antenas?

Comment

• Originally posted by tomjohn View Post
          It can be barely hear like 'ssssss' in background, u can notice it, when you mute and unmute it. Have question, where did u put 4g antenas?
          I just checked that it also makes that noise. I think that noise is emitted by the device's own amplifier, because it disappears when the sound is activated even at the lowest level. It is not a parasitic noise and therefore I think it is not possible to eliminate it. If someone gets it, tell them that it would be interesting to eliminate it. I have placed 4g antennas on the A-pillar on both sides, but I have not yet checked whether the signal reception in that place is good or not.

Comment

• I have managed to get rid off noise by using ground isolators. Check out video: https://youtu.be/-KpuE7hsSq0
            Last edited by sriray; 24-07-2018, 09:02 AM. Reason: Wrong word used 'Read' > 'Rid'

Comment

• The only downside is - you will have to use external 4channel amplifier, well actually that is not downside but can be advantage! As amplifier installed on the unit is very poor quality.

Comment

• Is there any unit available, that's compatible with a factory Navi 900 install, but isn't one of those 10.4 inch large ones, but a smaller one instead only replacing the screen part?

Comment

• What i know there is only this option we have (the large one).
                  The only other solution is maybe some normal Double DIN Android Radio with an Adapter but then you have two Displays.

But i really don't know if its working with a Navi 900

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikk36 View Post
                    Is there any unit available, that's compatible with a factory Navi 900 install, but isn't one of those 10.4 inch large ones, but a smaller one instead only replacing the screen part?
                    The big screen is the only option im afraid and only 2 models of the big screen, the rest won't be compatible.

Comment

• What's the limiting factor for not supporting the Navi 600/900 models?
                      The big screen ones kind of look ok, but their hardware is older and the UI seems quite horribly limited in configurability.

Comment

• Also, which would be considered the newest and most updated version of these different models (though all look the same)?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikk36 View Post
                          What's the limiting factor for not supporting the Navi 600/900 models?
                          The big screen ones kind of look ok, but their hardware is older and the UI seems quite horribly limited in configurability.
                          Not too sure, might be some wiring is different on the nav models.
                          You get what you pay for, i have the cheapest one available, yes is cheap, on the slow side and can be buggy, but the cost of it is not much more than a xcarlink multimedia interface, which this does hell lot more.
                          My device has been rooted and also have installed Nova Launcher which unlocks apps/shortcut which were hidden from their onboard menu also the interface is alot better.

Comment

• Think this is their latest os on their latest units from prelingcar

Comment

• Can you guys also test to see if the Deezer app works on your prelingcar unit same as mine. Deezer closes shortly after it opens on mine.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by trash158 View Post
                                so far nothing. all it does mirror your phone screen
                                Finally upgraded mine to the April update. After not having my car for couple months. The phonelink software is a lot better than the previous ones. Are you using Android phone or Iphone. I'm using android and i can get the phone to mirror on to the screen and also control the phone there but when i play some sound from the phone the audio does not come out through the car speakers, it stills comes out the phone. But the ipad connected wirelessly to their air server works flawlessly for display and sound.

Comment

Working...
                                X