Anything else I need to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything else I need to do?

Few weeks ago the car(2014 elite) had a 100,000 miles service and had the inter cooler pipe replaced as it was split.
    I received the service vehicle soon light come on, and after a short trip and being parked up for a couple of hours it wouldn't start. Towed by AA to local garage who changed the in tank fuel pump and all was good.
    Week later oil pressure low light comes on, take back to garage who diagnose and find oil pressure low fault code and also 1 glow plug with fault. Left it with them to replace the glow plug, fit a new oil pressure sensor and while they are at it I've asked them to replace the oil pick up seal as have read this can be an issue too.
    They have tested the other glow plugs and they are OK, which is just as well as they are over a hundred quid a piece.
    Is there anything else I should be considering asking them to do while I'm throwing money away? Or should this be enough for a month or 2?

timing belt and water pump ?
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
      timing belt and water pump ?
      Thanks exclusiv. Had these done at the 100,000 mile service

Comment

So had call from garage today, they can't remove the 2 'hidden' bolts via the normal method of the holes in the flywheel so have to remove the gearbox to get to them so they can replace the pick up seal. Anyone have any ideas?
        Really beginning to regret buying this car, but hoping once the current work is completed there will be no more surprises for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Tattootroy
          Hynes car manual says to rotate the flywheel until you see a notch in the flywheel.
          you can also drill 2 holes in the gearbox to expose the bolts.
          Reference here.

The automatic gearbox has the pre cutout for the bolts.

I will need to do seal replacement myself soon on a manual car.
          Please do tell us how your mechanic solve this with photos if you can.

Good luck
          Hi Tattootroy

No matter how he turned the flywheel there was no access to the bolts.
          He didn't want to take the risk of drilling the housing in case it broke.
          He has solved it in the end by splitting the gearbox, longer time in labour but in his opinion the safest way of doing it. Just means I don't pick the car up until tomorrow now.
          Luckily though we decided to do it, originally it was just going to be the sensor that was changed, but the seal was shot so could have trashed the engine if left.
          Hopefully now this will be it for a while, it has already become the most expensive car I have ever owned maintenance wise and I've only had it 6 months

Comment

Working...
          X