Key swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key swap

Hi, I have a key that only has the standard unlock and lock buttons on but I'd like a key that has the boot release button on there too, does anyone know if I bought a key with the boot release and just took the internals from my current key and placed them into the 3 button key would the boot release button work or would it need different internals to be able to release the boot? Thanks in advance for any help!

No...
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

No to what bit?

Comment

i think it is a no to the boot release if yours is a hatchback. It may unlock but won't open
        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Okay no worries, I'm sure I'll learn to deal with it haha, thank you for the advice anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Ceiran View Post
            No to what bit?
            sorry for the short reply,,only the estate has the electric opening and closing boot lid,,the saloons had a pop open boot but had to be closed by hand
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

That's fine don't worry about it haha, I see, so different shapes have different boot latches? That's a shame, even if it just had the unlock but had to be pulled up by hand I could've changed the arms so it's open fully on its own, that's a shame as I have the hatchback so can't do that

Comment

I have the boot release button on my key fob, but my car is an Elite hatchback. Basically, if the internal circuit board inside your current key only has 2 buttons on it, a new 3 button shell will not add the extra button, you've got to have 3 buttons on the internal circuit board.

Comment

Originally posted by kentishbloke View Post
                  I have the boot release button on my key fob, but my car is an Elite hatchback. Basically, if the internal circuit board inside your current key only has 2 buttons on it, a new 3 button shell will not add the extra button, you've got to have 3 buttons on the internal circuit board.
                  I get you, so basically the only way to know whether or not a 3 key fob would work is to see what the internals look like, makes sense to be honest, should've thought about that myself tbh, common sense really 😂

Comment

Originally posted by Ceiran View Post
                    I get you, so basically the only way to know whether or not a 3 key fob would work is to see what the internals look like, makes sense to be honest, should've thought about that myself tbh, common sense really 😂
                    Yup, but as you've only got the lock & unlock buttons, no point opening the key up to see if you've got the boot button, you won't have it.

Comment

Working...
                    X