No announcement yet.

Which lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ran with H.I.Ds and LEDs on my Passat due the the poor light output the stock projector. Difference was night and day. The hid being far better than the led.

Never had a issue with the old M.O.T though i have heard different with the new mot rules. I guess it depends on the tester as the old rules wouldn't allow the tester to remove the cover to check if they were Hids or not.

If there reflective housing i would personally shy away from LEDs and Hids as the amount of glare they produce will mean you will spend your days getting flashed on the motorway.

Have you tried osram night breaker's?

Comment

Hi marko301

I like, "And with my current LED kit where the chip sits perfectly with correct cut off".
      can you send me a link the ones you purchased and where, they look ideal for my
      facelifted 2016 model...

Comment

I've tried hids and LEDs.
        Hid's win for me, I've got h7c bulbs in my reflector housing and the pattern is perfect, no issue at last week's mot.

Comment

Originally posted by huey45 View Post
          Hi marko301
          I like, "And with my current LED kit where the chip sits perfectly with correct cut off".
          can you send me a link the ones you purchased and where, they look ideal for my
          facelifted 2016 model...
          I was talking about how they work in my Grand Sport reflector lights. Yours in the facelift with projector lights. Yours don't rely on where the chips sit on the base. Projectors hold quite a bit of light back so HIDs offer the best output but if you're determined to run leds, these are the type I had in my facelift https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152777403417?ul_noapp=true the mesh heatsink allows you to get the cover back on the headlight housing.

Originally posted by golfpaul View Post
          I've tried hids and LEDs.
          Hid's win for me, I've got h7c bulbs in my reflector housing and the pattern is perfect, no issue at last week's mot.
          Normally I'd agree with you but the ones I have in my reflectors are easily as bright as the hids I previously had in. They are 6000 lumens per bulb though rather than the usual 4000 lumens per bulb led kits. But as I said, the chips sit nicely inside the metal sheath in the GS headlight housing. I've found with other kits the chips don't sit within the sheath and cause glare. I don't think the prefacelift had the sheath so these would cause too much glare.

This is the metal sheath I'm talking about,
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Keen on the outcome of the best bulbs. Not a fan of the yellow bulbs

Comment

Do you have details or link the LED set you have installed?

Comment

Hi all,
                I am a newby to this forum , have I got this right my 2016 facelift currently has halogens and has for some reason got headlight washers will the LED lights be ok for this set up? Or am I better off with hid if so any links to either would be greatly appreciated

Comment

I've never got on with LEDs, I think you have to pay top money for some that work correctly.
                  Hid's however can be picked up for cheap.

Comment

Any links to a good hid kit 9012 bulbs?

Comment

there is some good led kits to be had for these lights too marko301 will have a link I think, put up some pics of your car,i work in Seaham
                      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Shortsleevesteve View Post
                        Hi all,
                        I am a newby to this forum , have I got this right my 2016 facelift currently has halogens and has for some reason got headlight washers will the LED lights be ok for this set up? Or am I better off with hid if so any links to either would be greatly appreciated
                        You have a limited edition version then

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                          You have a limited edition version then
                          seen sri with halogens too ,with the washers
                          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                            seen sri with halogens too ,with the washers
                            Limited edition comes with sri package I think. I'm sure only LE comes with headlight washers and halogens.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                              Limited edition comes with sri package I think. I'm sure only LE comes with headlight washers and halogens.
                              tonyord your sri has headlight washers,and halogen lights ? could be wrong like

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                                tonyord your sri has headlight washers,and halogen lights ? could be wrong like
                                Does it have SRi badges too as LE spec comes with sri suspension, heated seats, steering wheel, flat bottom etc....

Comment

Working...
                                X