Big problem trying to sort out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big problem trying to sort out

hi all, i have a Big problem trying to sort out, my engine management light is on, i had it in to the garage (not vauxhall yet) they found its coming up with brake sensor fault, suggested cleaning up connections and change the brake disks and pads due to corrosion over the disks etc, seemed to have cured it for a few days and now its back on,the garage did say it might be abs pump which could be faulty or just needs an update (which only a vauxhall dealer can do)

Any one had any experience in this or any suggestions how i might go ahead in fixing the problem?

Thanks in advance

Surely if it was ABS related the ABS light would be on not the engine light did it come up service vehicle soon on the display. It does sound like a trip to have it diagnosed properly.

Comment

Originally posted by snapshot11 View Post
      Surely if it was ABS related the ABS light would be on not the engine light did it come up service vehicle soon on the display. It does sound like a trip to have it diagnosed properly.
      no other lights shown up, it was tested on 2 obd testers both shows up brake sensor

Comment

Originally posted by claypole View Post
        no other lights shown up, it was tested on 2 obd testers both shows up brake sensor
        Strange but that might be it unless there is a engine code as well i know vauxhalls dont always work well on obd readers unless its a proper vauxhall one.

Comment

snap on meter

Comment

Originally posted by claypole View Post
            snap on meter
            Snap on failed to even talk to my astra H a few years ago.

Comment

Could be an abs wheel sensor?? I just had one on mine but I have op-com so it was easy find out which one

Comment

Had to replace mine just before Christmas,only faulted in reverse on a lock,changed both fronts and cleared codes,fine now.
                Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

thanks everone, i'm going to book it into vauxhall next week for them to put it on their computer and get a full diagnostic on it

Comment

Working...
                  X