1st MOT - slight oil loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st MOT - slight oil loss

So the car went for its first MOT this morning. It went through no probs but we noticed oil residue which is most likely coming from the crank seal. Has anybody had problems with this before and should it be covered under warranty? The cars done 32k and registered 21/3/16

So your manufacturer warranty is up. Get it into the dealer now. I would think it should be covered under warranty with such low mileage and the seal not being a service item
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
      So your manufacturer warranty is up. Get it into the dealer now. I would think it should be covered under warranty with such low mileage and the seal not being a service item
      I agree, but Vauxhall will be less keen to make a free repair or partial contribution if the car doesn't have full main dealer service history.

Comment

I phoned my local dealer who are Arnold Clark! They basically said it wouldn’t be covered because I havnt mentioned this before the end of my warranty (ended 2 days ago!!) I did e plain that I would have no reason to look under the car and it has not left any oil in the driveway etc, I have always serviced the car myself using genuine parts so there is no service history as such but I have all the receipts for parts, think it will be a letter to vauxhall and see what they say

Comment

I fear the failure to have any service history will be their comeback. Even if you have used genuine parts the book has to be stamped by a VAT registered business to retain the warranty
          Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

that's a big job too ,,, for a daft seal
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
              I fear the failure to have any service history will be their comeback. Even if you have used genuine parts the book has to be stamped by a VAT registered business to retain the warranty
              Vauxhall tend to be very sympathetic if the car has had all its servicing done at a Vauxhall dealership. The less stamps there are from VX garages the less sympathetic Vauxhall will be.

Last year, my then-six-year-old Insignia (long out of warranty but with FMDSH) had a few days with a dodgy boot latch. I mentioned it to the local VX main dealer who does our servicing, asking for a price for parts or for the whole job and they implied that they'd have no trouble persuading VX to cover the cost 'for a good customer'.
              As things turned out, the boot latch worked fine a few days later and has been fine since.

In my opinion, the extra cost of main dealer servicing is worth it for the greater willingness of the manufacturer to assist with problems.

Comment

Working...
              X