Bad battery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad battery?

I have an issue with my car, driving to work, fine, home fine, but if I do anything small like unlock and lock a few times or start to reverse quick, when I go to start again a little bit after I'll have to jump it.

Kwik fit checked it and found no issues with battery or charge issues, any idea what my next move would be? Only idea they had is maybe battery on way out, but couldn't say for sure since tests show its fine.

I was looking at batteries and would have to be a cheap option as I don't have funds, nor does my mother who I had the car off, seen a drivetec on gsf, £69.68 with discount, usual price is £174.20, thoughts on that brand for a battery, and/or other things to try?

You can get a battery from breakers.
    Battery test normally conclusive, can't see where Kwik fit get it could be failing from.
    Alternator could be issue, simple test switch everything on, then rev engine, lights should glow slightly brighter.

Comment

they tested and seemed to charge under load without issues, only reason they assumed it might be failing is how i say some trips it's fine but extra short trip, it will likely fail to start again after it sits for a little while, like today for example, drive from work to my other place i'm giving up, then stopped in shop, then to the place, while sat there for a while, locking/unlocking and reversing car a bit more, once i went to leave i had to jump start it again

Comment

oh and the previous owner of the car drive it 2 days before he passed away, then upon trying to start to pick it up, it was flat, it was regularly driven before his passing

Comment

Get a tested battery from breakers, about 35quid, try that.

Comment

That's if they have a suitable one in stock but fir that, wouldn't it make more sense to pay that bit more for new that if no help, could sell for more, being usual price on their site and other places?

Comment

Try ECP,discount code GHOST80 or a good motor factor.
              Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
              Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
                Try ECP,discount code GHOST80 or a good motor factor.
                The
                £69.68 with discount, usual price is £174.20 is an autotec battery from gsf with their 60% discount, the next ones with same cca or higher appear to be out of stock

Comment

Hi Gary,i had to change mine last year,gave up overnight,issues I had was no cc,welcome lights didn't come on,ABS fault and the dash had a 'fit'.My battery looked and tested ok,alt. was good.The Insignia does rely on a good battery as most electrical issues sometimes point to the battery being'old'.Since I fitted my battery the 'Elite' has behaved herself.Plus with winter now here and dark nights I would bite the bullet.HTH.
                  Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Have a nose on Ebay,may give you a better price.

Comment

Have a nose on Ebay,may give you a better price.
                      So if no real better price, would you say the autotec one is alright? 800cca.

The other day when I went to the shop on way to work, when I came out wouldn't start and had to jump it, all windows reset, had to open and close then all one by one and yesterday when had to jump it came up Headlight malfunction before it was jumped and failed dto start

Comment

I would be checking for any drain on battery after ALL doors closed and locked also watch for interior lights to go off. The way I would do it is multimeter in series with battery, But make sure to start with meter on 10amp range connected correctly and DO NOT operate starter with multimeter is connected.

Comment

Go on ecp web,type in your reg,this should give you correct cca and amp hr.

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
                            I would be checking for any drain on battery after ALL doors closed and locked also watch for interior lights to go off. The way I would do it is multimeter in series with battery, But make sure to start with meter on 10amp range connected correctly and DO NOT operate starter with multimeter is connected.
                            Worth checking.

Comment

Go on ecp web,type in your reg,this should give you correct cca and amp hr.
                              I did that on all of them, they vary from 620 and 800cca for my car, the one on it is 720 and kwik fit would give an 800

Bosch S4 Car Battery 110 (80Ah) 4 Year Guarantee - £115.19 with discount, though atm funds are tight, mum would have to use her credit card, that's why was saying about the autotec discounted from just over £170, to just under £70 with gsf's halloween discount, it's an 800cca battery

Comment

Working...
                              X