Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
    Shane redfearn what tyre shine do you use,.. looks brill
    I use auto glym tyre gel, it's expensive but leaves a brilliant look Matt or gloss plus it lasts longer than most of the other tyre shines Iv used! Plus it doesn't get as much dust stuck to the tyre which is a good thing [emoji1360][emoji1360]

Comment

Originally posted by Shane redfearn View Post
      I use auto glym tyre gel
      Its ok if you leave it to dry overnight,,if you drive it straight away,it gets slung all over the car thead
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

To be fair the one I use from Pure definition is cheap, easy to use, looks ok, lasts well, no sling.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
          To be fair the one I use from Pure definition is cheap, easy to use, looks ok, lasts well, no sling.
          I use poor ous but needs 1 coat to dry and another for a bit of shine.just cant seem to get wet look these days

Comment

I use poor ous but needs 1 coat to dry and another for a bit of shine.just cant seem to get wet look these days
            I use poor boys and it gives a lovely wet look straight away. It's water based do doesn't last long if it rains. The good thing is being water based it doesn't get all the brown dust sticking to the tyres giving them that sh!tty brown look.

I have found in the past, tyre dressings soak in more on some tyre makes more than others. Mine are hancook tyres.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
              I use poor boys and it gives a lovely wet look straight away. It's water based do doesn't last long if it rains. The good thing is being water based it doesn't get all the brown dust sticking to the tyres giving them that sh!tty brown look.

I have found in the past, tyre dressings soak in more on some tyre makes more than others. Mine are hancook tyres.
              Wouldn't it be good if tyre manufacturers made tyres that are wet look...... how good would this look.
              Gone the days of coating tyres....and it would make your shade of death wheels look better.....in your own eyes

I'm sure with modern technology, companies could achieve this if they desired.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                Wouldn't it be good if tyre manufacturers made tyres that are wet look...... how good would this look.
                Gone the days of coating tyres....and it would make your shade of death wheels look better.....in your own eyes

I'm sure with modern technology, companies could achieve this if they desired.
                Or maybe something like a tyre varnish made for rubber that lasts 6 months plus.
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Or maybe something like a tyre varnish made for rubber that lasts 6 months plus.
                  Yep definitely.....but the makers of rubber and the makers of all the tyre cleaners/shine stuff are all in cahoots, so it's wishful thinking eh

Comment

few months in, ... loving the car. So much more than I expected or hoped it would be (other than mpg!! that stinks)

not done a great deal to it since ownership other than:

hard wired dash cam
                    fitted 255/35 tyres instead of the 245/35 tyres
                    LED driving and main beam bulbs
                    removed inflation device and replaced with space saver and jack

oh,... and a new engine grille!

Full clean last Sunday,... looking fab
                    Choose your tyres wisely. On a 245/35/20 tyre (mine); A '245mm' section from one manufacturer may, and some will, have an actual section width of less than 240mm. Another manufacturer will have a section width of 256mm and up to 258mm. So you do not necessarily have to up the width to get the look. Just avoid manufacturers that sell tyres at the bottom end of the section width tolerance. Been there.

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
                      Choose your tyres wisely. On a 245/35/20 tyre (mine); A '245mm' section from one manufacturer may, and some will, have an actual section width of less than 240mm. Another manufacturer will have a section width of 256mm and up to 258mm. So you do not necessarily have to up the width to get the look. Just avoid manufacturers that sell tyres at the bottom end of the section width tolerance. Been there.
                      bit late now, ... been on 6 months, no problems! I check the jaguar wheel size and their tyre fitting, the VX 20" is the exact same as the Jaguar 20" which comes with 255/35/20 as standard, so am sure I'm ok. thanks.

Comment

finally,.. only had them 6 months, but fitted the LED rear indicators today!

Comment

finally,.. only had them 6 months, but fitted the LED rear indicators today!
                          Are they the ones from the insignia B lights link? If so have you covered the side LEDs? They're far to bright uncovered. I only have the end LEDs showing and they're still far brighter than standard bulbs.

Without covering the side chips they're blinding to following vehicles at night.

Comment

Are they the ones from the insignia B lights link? If so have you covered the side LEDs? They're far to bright uncovered. I only have the end LEDs showing and they're still far brighter than standard bulbs.

Without covering the side chips they're blinding to following vehicles at night.
                            Yes - I remember you mentioning this when I moaned they didn't fit properly! Chap on the facebook page has fitted them without blanking the sides off and the look like headlights!!

Comment

Yes - I remember you mentioning this when I moaned they didn't fit properly! Chap on the facebook page has fitted them without blanking the sides off and the look like headlights!!
                              Yeah someone got pulled by the police (think it was Defie) because they were too bright. No issues with them covered though.

Comment

As authorised by marko301,... given the Falcon a bath......
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X