Empty Header tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily update:

Thermostat arrived. The Circoli torx replacement bolts are questionable though... should I consider just using original torx instead of these?

Comment

Is it me but In photo the thermostats look a different size?
      Look a bad moulding so I would stick with old if good heads

Comment

Originally posted by Geordieric View Post
        Is it me but In photo the thermostats look a different size?
        Look a bad moulding so I would stick with old if good heads
        [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] they're the same size -- one is closer and one further away.

I used the new bolts in the end, just was carefull when torquing them down. Took your advice and just used a new seal with no instant gasket, it looks like it will hold a seal well like the original.

Comment

Daily update.

Received the new Vacuum box today. But am I within my right to ask for a replacement? It looks like a very deep chip out of the corner and dont know if it will hold a vacuum pressure for long?

Suspected it happened in transit as it was in it's original packaging + jiffy bag..

Comment

If you are not happy with it--and I wouldn't be] send it back---did you fit a circoli thermostat by chance to the car------Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
              If you are not happy with it--and I wouldn't be] send it back---did you fit a circoli thermostat by chance to the car------Dave
              I've already got in touch, awaiting responce for the vacuum box. And yes, I fitted the Circoli Thermostat mate. But can't fit onto the block to test now untill the gasket and vacuum box arrive. [emoji352]

Comment

The only reason i'm mentioning the circoli brand is that when I had the Vectra they fitted a circoli thermostat to the car after having problems with the engine coolant/temp and to be honest the old genuine one was better than the new one--the dealer ended up putting a genuine thermostat on --Wahler brand/OEM -just keep an eye on your temp gauge in the future as these circoli are very poor quality---think they are a eurocarparts cheap version--Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
                  The only reason i'm mentioning the circoli brand is that when I had the Vectra they fitted a circoli thermostat to the car after having problems with the engine coolant/temp and to be honest the old genuine one was better than the new one--the dealer ended up putting a genuine thermostat on --Wahler brand/OEM -just keep an eye on your temp gauge in the future as these circoli are very poor quality---think they are a eurocarparts cheap version--Dave
                  I will be cautious, cheers.

Comment

Yes I would be keeping an eye on it for a while - - Dave

Comment

Daily update:

eBay seller for my EGR casing are still waiting to send my replacement out assuming on lack of contact.

On the other hand my seals/gaskets for re-assembly have arrived.

Who know the torque down setting for inlet and exhaust manifold? Just so I can do the same for my EGR/Thermostat cast going onto the engine block when it arrives.

Comment

Hi Damon,Inlet nuts 22nm Exhaust nuts 20nm
                        Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
                          Hi Damon,Inlet nuts 22nm Exhaust nuts 20nm
                          Would these apply to the EGR/thermostat block onto the body? As it carries the cooling water and exhaust gasses.

Comment

Hi mate,no info on that but 20nm not to harsh.Maybe a Diesel member who has changed theirs will calarify.
                            Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Hello Damon
                              Question
                              Are you using any sealant on the mating faces .
                              If not then 20-22 is sufficient don't want to Goose the seals by going too tight .
                              If using a sealant Holimar and nothing like instant gasket , then about the same
                              But don't put too much sealant on .
                              10-4 rubber seal,

.K.M.P.C.U
                              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

The torque sets on the EGR and the thermostat are not very tight----according to the Haynes manual the thermostat housing is only 10nm or 7lb torque as for the EGR cooler the torque settings are 25nm or 18lb so not really very tight------Hope that helps -------Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X