Something Different !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something Different !!!!!!!!!!!!!

My mate Les has got his 1985 Ford Capri out of storage and getting ready for a good clean and polish---the car is immaculate and he has 2 engines for Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200531_100035.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	250892Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200531_100111.jpg
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	250893Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200531_100118.jpg
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	250894Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200531_100141.jpg
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	250895it--1 is a 1.6ltr and the other is the 2.0ltr which he can change in a few hours----The battery in the car is too big its just in for the Mot tomorrow--the correct size battery[new last year] has given up the ghost and he is waiting for a replacement-----Hope you like----------Dave

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
    My mate Les has got his 1985 Ford Capri out of storage and getting ready for a good clean and polish---the car is immaculate and he has 2 engines for [ATTACH=CONFIG]5932[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5933[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5934[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5935[/ATTACH]it--1 is a 1.6ltr and the other is the 2.0ltr which he can change in a few hours----The battery in the car is too big its just in for the Mot tomorrow--the correct size battery[new last year] has given up the ghost and he is waiting for a replacement-----Hope you like----------Dave
    That's awesome, especially the paint job.
    Bet that cost a fair penny to get done

Comment

had a capri in early 90s,,a 1979 3.0S Auto in silver ,it loved a drink
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

In my mis spent youth one of my friends , Andy black arrow was his handle on the CB radio
        He purchased a dark blue Capri 2.8 injection , that was his " Pussey wagon "
        He was as ugly as quasi
        But by giggery do do it went like a rat on speed
        Your friends Capri is an absolute gem , thanks for shareing that Big Dave 1419
        Copy that Big Dave .

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
          had a capri in early 90s,,a 1979 3.0S Auto in silver ,it loved a drink
          Dave ---I had a Ford Zodiac with a straight six in---very fast but again loved the juice---really are nice cars and if you look now to buy them you will get a big shock with the current prices -----Dave

Comment

Les the owner of the Capri is along side another friend of mine George who are both very good mechanic's and they are really the only one's[along side some other lads on here] that I would trust to do any work on my cars---only use them if I can't do it myself----when they do a job its always top notch-------Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
              Dave ---I had a Ford Zodiac with a straight six in---very fast but again loved the juice---really are nice cars and if you look now to buy them you will get a big shock with the current prices -----Dave
              Yeah they were fast,back in the day,,but I'm sure the 3.0 V6 was only 138 hp,and the 2.8 injections were 160hp ,,engines half the size these days ,push out more power,,,and yeah,the sky is the limit now,if you find a good condition capri
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Yes big engines with poor bhp output---that's why I liked the straight 6 motors as they had a bit of poke in them front the off---nice comfortable cars to drive------Dave

Comment

There is something about an 70-90s fast Ford I cant say no to. They always draw the crowds compared to hot Vauxhall's of the same period. A friend of my late dad had a 2.8 Capri & that thing felt rapid. He had a Lotus Cortina too & that was scary as a it in the 90s

Comment

Wow, would to get a classic car and get it looking really nice.
                    That’s a stunner.
                    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Fantastic car....I do like the old capri,s and cortinas

Comment

be nicer without black wheels

Comment

very nice motor,
                          Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                          Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Working...
                          X