Another Glorious day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Glorious day

I was gonna clean the car and get all the fly splat off the front.....but it's too good a day, so the garden is all done, trampoline out for my wee granddaughter, music on in the shed and her wee paddling pool is blown up ready for her.......burgers, chicken and steaks all ready for the BBQ.......and now of to the local co-op for rolls.

This furlough racket is really getting to me

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200531_085108718_HDR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	250891

Originally posted by RBH View Post

This furlough racket is really getting to me

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5931[/ATTACH]

Aye...start of week 10 here,and no signs of going back yet.....if at all
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
      Aye...start of week 10 here,and no signs of going back yet.....if at all
      I'm supposed to be returning on the 7th of June, but was speaking to a work colleague on Friday and she reckons we'll be extended again.

Comment

I haven't made a lot of noise about this but we started having the grandkids over for the weekend last weekend. I'm done with this distancing crap when you have 3 year olds wondering why Nana and Grandad won't give them a cuddle but every other area of your life is business as usual, you soon tire of following the rules. They're all here now in the paddling pool and that's how it's gonna be from now on whether instructed to or not. 10 weeks was our lot. I've worked through it and come across numerous people who haven kept their distance so I'm fked if I'm treating my kin like lepers.

I might get shot down by some but believe me, the wife and me are far more at risk from them than they are from us.

In my defence, Hull has been relatively quiet on the Corona front and the local news has constantly referred to the East Riding when reporting new cases and deaths because Hull alone wouldn't carry any shock value.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
          I haven't made a lot of noise about this but we started having the grandkids over for the weekend last weekend. I'm done with this distancing crap when you have 3 year olds wondering why Nana and Grandad won't give them a cuddle but every other area of your life is business as usual, you soon tire of following the rules. They're all here now in the paddling pool and that's how it's gonna be from now on whether instructed to or not. 10 weeks was our lot. I've worked through it and come across numerous people who haven kept their distance so I'm fked if I'm treating my kin like lepers.

I might get shot down by some but believe me, the wife and me are far more at risk from them than they are from us.

In my defence, Hull has been relatively quiet on the Corona front and the local news has constantly referred to the East Riding when reporting new cases and deaths because Hull alone wouldn't carry any shock value.
          Agree. Appears everyone has given up, some never even started. Went shopping yesterday and must have been 70 people in shop, 2 checkouts so impossible to social distance. Its like business as normal except for family life.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
          Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

I ain't gonna shoot anyone down.
            Good on u marko301.
            My 6 year old grandson hung his head a few weeks ago and asked if we still loved him.....coz we don't visit or give him kisses and cuddles anymore.
            The fuhress burst into tears.

The paddling pool and trampoline is for my wee 18 month old granddaughter who lives with us......

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
              Agree. Appears everyone has given up, some never even started. Went shopping yesterday and must have been 70 people in shop, 2 checkouts so impossible to social distance. Its like business as normal except for family life.
              Yeah the wife has been the one going to local shops for bits and bobs and she said distancing is getting worse. At work the only visitors wearing the correct gear are doctors and nurses. We're having to supply tradesmen with facemasks. The other reason we decided to break the rules re having the grandkids over is last week both the gardener and the cook brought their kids in. I wasn't against it but I thought then, were the only people I know following this. And when a big burley bloke like me starts to well up when their son sends pics of the kids via WhatsApp I knew mental health was beginning to suffer. Been feeling great this past couple of weeks. Though this week we've had 4 of our 5 grandkids here since Friday night. 2, 3, 6 and 12 year olds so won't be to upset when they go home tonight.

I ain't gonna shoot anyone down.
              Good on u marko301.
              My 6 year old grandson hung his head a few weeks ago and asked if we still loved him.....coz we don't visit or give him kisses and cuddles anymore.
              The fuhress burst into tears.

The paddling pool and trampoline is for my wee 18 month old granddaughter who lives with us......
              Yeah I remember you mentioning you had one living with you. I'd say I envy you but as much as I love spending time with them, I'm always happy when they go home and we can set to rebuilding the house.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread and turn it political but couldn't hold it in that we're enjoying the paddling pool experience with the kids once again.

Give the grandson a hug and sod the authorities. The b4stards are ignoring the rules anyway.
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                Yeah the wife has been the one going to local shops for bits and bobs and she said distancing is getting worse. At work the only visitors wearing the correct gear are doctors and nurses. We're having to supply tradesmen with facemasks. The other reason we decided to break the rules re having the grandkids over is last week both the gardener and the cook brought their kids in. I wasn't against it but I thought then, were the only people I know following this. And when a big burley bloke like me starts to well up when their son sends pics of the kids via WhatsApp I knew mental health was beginning to suffer. Been feeling great this past couple of weeks. Though this week we've had 4 of our 5 grandkids here since Friday night. 2, 3, 6 and 12 year olds so won't be to upset when they go home tonight.

Yeah I remember you mentioning you had one living with you. I'd say I envy you but as much as I love spending time with them, I'm always happy when they go home and we can set to rebuilding the house.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread and turn it political but couldn't hold it in that we're enjoying the paddling pool experience with the kids once again.

Give the grandson a hug and sod the authorities. The b4stards are ignoring the rules anyway.
                Don't be daft mate.....hijacking is the way this forum works and it works well

Comment

Don't be daft mate.....hijacking is the way this forum works and it works well
                  You're not wrong

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                    Agree. I went to one of the large Asda stores in Edinburgh last Thursday night and there wasn't much distancing going on. Arrows on aisles which everyone ignored, no distance markers at checkouts and people completely ignoring the 2 metre rule.
                    I'm getting a bit fed up with the slight relaxing of rules up here. It doesn't help me at all.
                    I live too far away from friends to even consider meeting up just for an afternoon without toilet facilities, park car parks are still shut. Can't visit parents, as again too far away to go and not be able to go inside the house. So at the minute the relaxing of the rules means nothing to me.
                    We are allowed to travel for more exercise but get hell for going to the beach, because more than 2 people have thought of the same idea.
                    If Scotland is going to relax the rules slower than a tortoise then there is a chance I won't see anybody until after we finish harvest, which is fast approaching. If this does happen then by the end of harvest I won't have seen friends or family for just over 7 months.

Comment

Originally posted by WAZ1 View Post
                      Agree. I went to one of the large Asda stores in Edinburgh last Thursday night and there wasn't much distancing going on. Arrows on aisles which everyone ignored, no distance markers at checkouts and people completely ignoring the 2 metre rule.
                      I'm getting a bit fed up with the slight relaxing of rules up here. It doesn't help me at all.
                      I live too far away from friends to even consider meeting up just for an afternoon without toilet facilities, park car parks are still shut. Can't visit parents, as again too far away to go and not be able to go inside the house. So at the minute the relaxing of the rules means nothing to me.
                      We are allowed to travel for more exercise but get hell for going to the beach, because more than 2 people have thought of the same idea.
                      If Scotland is going to relax the rules slower than a tortoise then there is a chance I won't see anybody until after we finish harvest, which is fast approaching. If this does happen then by the end of harvest I won't have seen friends or family for just over 7 months.
                      My wife is a team leader in Asda in Motherwell.
                      All the shops have the same arrows, barriers etc.
                      The public are taking no notice whatsoever.
                      When any of the staff challenge them, they get nothing but abuse from them.
                      Cursing, swearing, threats of violence etc.
                      The police.........they don't want to know.
                      They've been called to the shop thousands of times....and do nothing except talk to the staff about the public being fed up......not giving the public a warning etc, telling the staff that they've to grin and it.

I caught a guy giving my wife abuse as she was leaving the store one Saturday night at 8pm when they went from a 24hr store to a 6am to 8pm store. He was roaring at her coz they were closed......as if it were her fault

I was out the car like a greyhound out a trap and floored the cnut.

I'm still waiting on being repremanded as his threats was getting CCTV and going to the police.

There are people adherening to the lockdown but there are more ignoring it.

Arseholes.

Comment

I don't understand why people give the supermarket staff abuse. They didn't start all this and if people hadn't been stupid at the start and panic bought half the stock in the shop everyday then they wouldn't need to shut earlier at night to restock.

Comment

I was out the car like a greyhound out a trap and floored the cnut.

brilliant
                          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by WAZ1 View Post
                            I don't understand why people give the supermarket staff abuse. They didn't start all this and if people hadn't been stupid at the start and panic bought half the stock in the shop everyday then they wouldn't need to shut earlier at night to restock.
                            Exactly.
                            My wife was serving a guy one night with 6 bottles of beer....they were limited to 3 units and told him he can only buy 3 bottles not 6.
                            The guy behind him had 3 boxes and he said he has 3 boxes. She explained 1 loose bottle is 1 unit, 1 box, sealed is 1 unit. She said, put your 6 bottles back and take a box. He was adamant he didn't want 12 he only wanted 6.

When she explained again, he got nasty, lifted the 6 bottles of the counter and dropped them.on the floor, swore repeatedly and walked out.

That's just one incident

Comment

Burnt to a bloody crisp.

Comment

Working...
                              X