Spare Wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare Wheel

Does anyone have recommendations of a good place to purchase a spare wheel for an Insignia B?

Just in case you didn't know...It has to be a space saver because they made the spare wheel well smaller on the B so a normal spare won't fit in it.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Space saver it is

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
        Just in case you didn't know...It has to be a space saver because they made the spare wheel well smaller on the B so a normal spare won't fit in it.
        Typical.....screwed on the altar of weight - saving and emissions. I have a space saver....and a full size spare in the boot. Call me old-fashioned, but all cars should still have to have a 'proper' spare wheel, as an MOT requirement. The extra weight is no big deal IMO, the weight of a small child.

Comment

I bought this one, came with the jack and tools

Comment

I bought a full sized 245/45/18" spare alloy and put a new tyre on it, and kept all tools underneath it
            by reversing the mounting, I would not pee about with a space saver swapping wheels around
            1 puncture 1 wheel off, then on my way again...

Comment

Originally posted by huey45 View Post
              I bought a full sized 245/45/18" spare alloy and put a new tyre on it, and kept all tools underneath it
              by reversing the mounting, I would not pee about with a space saver swapping wheels around
              I agree, bet if you did 100 mile with spare in boot then same 100 mile without you would see no difference in mpg

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
                I bought this one, came with the jack and tools

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                Thanks, will have a look.

Comment

Originally posted by huey45 View Post
                  Still need to fix the spare so no more faffing about which ever you get. Space saver also retains full bootspace. Full size spare loses too much boot for me.

Comment

Working...
                  X