Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia facelift mod options - New Owner

Hi,

I'm soon to become the owner of a 63 plate facelift SRI insigina, the previous owner seems to have done a bunch of stuff to the car, but I won't know in detail until I pick it up what they have actually done.

Whats already been done (that I know of)
    Lowering springs
    Bigger alloys (not sure on the size of these) - possibly even spacers, the wheels sit out of the body quite wide, but i could just be making things up from my short look/test drive.
    Tinted windows
    Blacked out all the chrome window surrounds
    Replaced the rear light covers with blacked out versions - these are being taken off for the MOT but the garage are keeping them for me to re install - any guides on how to get these covers off?
    I THINK there's an aftermarket exhaust on there, it certainly sounded quite sporty on the couple of test drives, but I couldn't see any visible exhaust tips. Is there any scope for replacing the rear splitter/exhaust layout to have some visible exhaust stuff happening?
    I thought I maybe saw some red LED strip lights installed along the dashboard, but didn't see those working or anything.

Plans
    Quite fancy an android aftermarket head unit with touch screen/satnav and run spotify directly on it. I saw the Tesla style head unit, but i'm not sold on it.
    HID/LED kit - once i've checked if there's maybe already one done
    Rear splitter/Exhaust solution
    Wind deflectors
    Rear parking sensors (camera if I install a head unit)
    LED interior lights (again, this might've already been done)
    Might go down the route of some aftermarket speakers/underseat subs etc - will need to wait and see how the existing ones sound

This will be my second vauxhall and I was previously a member of the Astra Owners Network forum, which was very helpful and everyone was so friendly, so can't wait to get stuck into the insignia!

With that being said, what are some mods that folk have done to their facelift insignia so I can get some ideas about what can actually be done?

What would you like to do or have plans to do?

are you sure its on a 13 plate,facelifts weren't out till a 63 plate
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Sorry what I really meant to say was a 63 plate.
      Deffo facelift. Has the round foglights etc.

Comment

Originally posted by troublednoodle View Post
        Sorry what I really meant to say was a 63 plate.
        Deffo facelift. Has the round foglights etc.
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

done a bit to mine,still not finished yet

Comment

Welcome! Don't look at my thread you'll have no money left :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
              Welcome! Don't look at my thread you'll have no money left :-)

Comment

Welcome, or keep it stock and have fuel for it .......

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Hi,

I good mod that makes a lot of difference to the back end is the rear inner tailgate lights. If the car doesn't come with Adaptive Forward Lighting, they'll just be dummies. They look far better working. exclusiv's signature pic shows the inner part working. His is because he has AFL though (the snob! ).
                  2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Welcome

According to marko301 that makes me a snob too as I also have afl headlights, as mine is the Elite model. Lol
                    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Welcome buddy.......I'm a wannabe snob......I've modded mine as mine is only a working class council vx line

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                        Welcome buddy.......I'm a wannabe snob......I've modded mine as mine is only a working class council vx line
                        i must be Jeremy Kyle class then as mines a bog standard..ish.. 11 plate Sri...
                        Chris

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                          Welcome, or keep it stock and have fuel for it .......
                          Bit late for that, previous owner has already done a whole load of stuff to it!

Thanks for all the replies folks, i'll have a look around peoples posts and get some ideas!

Originally posted by Langy View Post
                          i must be Jeremy Kyle class then as mines a bog standard..ish.. 11 plate Sri...

I'll join you on the Jeremy Kyle class group... just a wee SRI here too.

Comment

Originally posted by troublednoodle View Post
                            Bit late for that, previous owner has already done a whole load of stuff to it!

Thanks for all the replies folks, i'll have a look around peoples posts and get some ideas!

I'll join you on the Jeremy Kyle class group... just a wee SRI here too.
                            Pop some pictures up don't be shy

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                              Pop some pictures up don't be shy
                              I will do once i've picked it up, private buyer of my current car has messed me around with collection dates etc. Once mine is gone, i'll be able to pick up the Insignia (It's reserved and sitting waiting for me to collect). Looking at Tomorrow ish at the moment!

Comment

Working...
                              X