X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folding/Power mirrors

Hello

I have folding mirrors on my siggy.
    But the are getting stuck. So they will not fold in.
    I have tried to press the mirror out, so much that I thought I broke them. But you can do it, They will not get damaged.
    And then sprayed som WD40.
    And pressed the button for the mirror to go in and out 5-6 time.
    But after some time, like a week later. They are stuck again. It almost sounds like the engine for the mirror is dying. And don't have any power/force

Anyone that have found a fix for this problem?

Wd40 is what i used

Comment

Mine clunk slightly and occasionally the drivers side sticks but press the button again and it's fine...I'd rather use grease on mine

I actually wondered how to get to the folding motor as I've had a look but cant see how to do it.....how is it accessed?

Comment

Ive not seen a tread on it if I’m honest but someone should know, sorry I couldn’t be more helpful

Comment

WD40 works for a while and then it gets stuck again.

Seams to be some people that have this problem. But sadly no one have fixed it permanently

Comment

Yes .....my drivers side folding mirror was not closing properly....so dismantled and found, there is a flat bit of plastic at the bottom of the mirror hinge where it was fouling, trimmed it with a Stanley blade and a dot of grease and been working perfect ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by umfaan View Post
              Yes .....my drivers side folding mirror was not closing properly....so dismantled and found, there is a flat bit of plastic at the bottom of the mirror hinge where it was fouling, trimmed it with a Stanley blade and a dot of grease and been working perfect ever since.
              How do you dismantle the mirror to access the motor etc?

Comment

You need too take the Mirror cover off ....and you will see a screw on the hinge ........loosen it ,and the rest is straight forward.

Comment

Originally posted by umfaan View Post
                  You need too take the Mirror cover off ....and you will see a screw on the hinge ........loosen it ,and the rest is straight forward.
                  Thanks, much appreciated

Comment

Hi boys and girls I am new to this forum I have a 2017 estate Vauxhall Insignia I would love to install a pair of folding side mirrors does anybody know where I can purchase or get some

Comment

Ebay or a breakers,they can be retrofitted,but youll need to add some wiring. they will work off of the switch on the drivers door,but you wont get them to fold in off the key fob

im sure all the elites have powerfold mirrors,so look for mirrors from them,,and youll need the switch to go with them
                      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I need a switch and a drivers side mirror still [emoji53]

Comment

I give both mirrors a squirt silicon spray, leaves a layer of silicon, never dries out, I think it better than WD 40.
                          Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Working...
                          X