Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haldex/diff problems, how common and what to look out for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haldex/diff problems, how common and what to look out for?

If your lucky and get warning messages- service 'all wheel drive' or 'rear axle ' then you might be able to change the diff fluid,

Mine went after 13k !!,got messages and in time for the quick fix,

Many vxr member had to have there's changed (most under warranty) then arises the issue of not doing the job right and knackin the drive shaft,

Try reversing on full lock and driving away on full lock,if it judders like ****,time to worry,
    sigpic

Hope it's all good for ya mate,It could be fine as you only read the bad stuff on a site,no one complains there car is fine do they!
    sigpic

Comment

Sales of good act applies so only case should be the garage footing the bill.

Comment

Couple of pointers here for the haldex problems and the service bulletins

http://www.insignia-...?showtopic=6007
        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Old thread but how does the driveshaft get damaged and what are the symptoms of a bad install that points to driveshaft cheers Logosgil

Comment

‘‘Tis an old thread..

basically the heldex is replaced and the driveshaft isn’t fitted straight..a small misalignment will course major issues and failure
            sigpic

Comment

Im trying to get to the bottom.of my problem haldex change and diff have a.vibration from.rear wheels on acceleration not in 1st gear but 2nd and 3rd then eases off could it be my driveshafts? Cheers.mate

Comment

Working...
              X