Track rod Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track rod Q

How could I identify vehicle features for part selection on CarParts4Less? Options include: "Electric PAS" and "Hydraulic Electric"
    https://imgur.com/a/krbRyS4

2010 2.0 CDTI 130 tourer, exclusiv trim
    All I know is there is a steering fluid tank at front close to bumper, and, a not yet corroded pipe for steering located bottom of engine bay near driver's side wheel (pointed out by FrankMB last year)

Many thanks.

Any insignia wizards on here that can recall which is which?

Comment

not had to change one mate,so cant help,sorry
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Yours is hydrolic.as it has a resovier where you top up the power steering fluid .

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
          Yours is hydrolic.as it has a resovier where you top up the power steering fluid .
          I thought the same thing last night untill I stumbled across "PAS pumps" which require fluids too

Comment

PAS, hydraulic same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
              PAS, hydraulic same thing.
              Anyone want odd's on?

Think I'll have to remove one and measure it as they're two different sizes on CP4L

Comment

If you have EHPS ( electric , hydrolic , power , steering ) then the pump is driven via an electrical connection .
                Rather than being driven mechanically.via a drive belt , same principle, but electricity is used to drive the pump .
                So they do still require power steering fluid .
                I've just put your details of your car into ECP , and even that is giveing 3 options, electric, electric hydrolic,or Power assisted steering.
                So even that is contradicting itself.
                All thease online car parts suppliers possibly use a generic search function.
                Best thing would be to try to ring them .

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Remove the wheel and measure the length of your current track rod end which will confirm which is fitted.
                  The fitment details are rubbish as they sort of read the same.
                  One will be for electric pump power steering and one for hydraulic pump power steering.

Comment

Originally posted by Damon12345 View Post
                    Anyone want odd's on?
                    So.....your saying it's not?

Comment

So.....your saying it's not?
                      Are 136mm and 144mm cross compatible?

Comment

I made a statement about power steering in general......I never mentioned sizes.

I said hydraulic is PAS.
                        Same as electric is PAS

Comment

I made a statement about power steering in general......I never mentioned sizes.

I said hydraulic is PAS.
                          Same as electric is PAS
                          Sorry, didn't know what you ment, so hydraulic pas is run off a pulley, and electric pas is run off an electric motor?

Comment

If you mean will either fit then probably IF the threads are the same, However I wouldn’t recommend it as you’ll mess up your tracking as it’ll be offset to one side.
                            Easiest way is remove your wheel measure what you have and compare them that way you get the correct one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wullie View Post
                              If you mean will either fit then probably IF the threads are the same, However I wouldn’t recommend it as you’ll mess up your tracking as it’ll be offset to one side.
                              Easiest way is remove your wheel measure what you have and compare them that way you get the correct one.
                              I would do what you have said Mr Wullie, Vauxhall themselves bollxd up my Vec C by fitting the wrong one on a service, even back then there were two types depending upon wheel size (or thats what they said). I would check by measuring first.

Comment

Working...
                              X