Navi 900 Latest Map Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by huey45 View Post
    With respect to you I think Hertford is a bit too far for me to attend meet, but thanks for reply, wonder what would happen, if somebody back their system
    settings up to a usb pen, and i put into my car and restored it, might enable Android Auto, or not ??
    It's in Rother Valley

Comment

[QUOTE=dave1982;291057]On the onstar app on my phone it just shows this under android auto

Q: How can I easily identify whether or not my vehicle’s infotainment system is compatible with Android Auto? A: If your vehicle’s infotainment system is compatible with Android Auto, a ��PROJECTION�� icon is shown on the
      home screen of the infotainment system.
      Q: How do I get started with Android Auto?
      7. Navi 900 IntelliLink, Touch R700 IntelliLink Frequently Asked Questions April 2016

A: First, make sure you have the latest available Android operating system installed on your phone. "Mine is Marshmallow V6.0", Also, check if your Android phone supports Android Auto, "Yes
      mine does",and if Android Auto is available in your country ? "not sure" !! . To use Android Auto, follow these steps:

1. Download and install the Android Auto app from Google Play on your phone."Done"
      2. Connect your phone to the infotainment system with a USB cable. For best performance, use your phone’s factory-provided USB cable."Done"
      3. On your phone, configure Android Auto to access necessary phone functions.
      4. If Android Auto does not start automatically, press on the Android Auto icon on the home screen of the Infotainment system."Done"
      Please note that some functions of Android Auto, like music streaming or talk to Google, might require a 3G or 4G Internet connection."Done"
      Last edited by huey45; 28-09-2018, 12:49 AM. Reason: Text omission

Comment

With respect to you I think Hertford is a bit too far for me to attend meet, but thanks for reply
        No worries if that is too far for you. It would be a nice day out for you and nice to meet our club members and we hold this meet twice a year.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
          No worries if that is too far for you. It would be a nice day out for you and nice to meet our club members and we hold this meet twice a year.
          He's mistook my area for the meet :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
            He's mistook my area for the meet :-(
            Oh .

Comment

With respect to you I think Hertford is a bit too far for me to attend meet
              Take 2 .
              Our meet is held at Rother Valley Country Park South of sheffield
              J31 off the M1

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                dave1982 up my street has android auto,im sure,,dont know if he added ,or was already on car
                Just had text from my daughter 29/09/18 17.00hrs, the dealership is going to pick up the tab, for the £150.00 they quoted for putting my Android Auto right
                as it has not happened yet, I will keep you all up to speed what happens, maybe my complaint letter to VX UK, has filtered through to the dealership ?
                thanking you all for your inputs and comments....

Comment

That's a great result! Hope it goes well.
                  2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

So do I, after trying the Car Play on my daughters loaned Iphone 6 it seems OK, but having having had a Android phone for several years
                    it takes me alot of time going through Iphone menus, what I like about Android phones you can check anything on them as open source material
                    just want a Torque meter app to work through Bluetooth, then G meter, and of course Acceleration meter, and maybe a Turbo boost meter joking of course...
                    why have a 8" screen with very little on it...

Comment

So do I, after trying the Car Play on my daughters loaned Iphone 6 it seems OK, but having having had a Android phone for several years
                      it takes me alot of time going through Iphone menus, what I like about Android phones you can check anything on them as open source material
                      just want a Torque meter app to work through Bluetooth, then G meter, and of course Acceleration meter, and maybe a Turbo boost meter joking of course...
                      why have a 8" screen with very little on it...
                      None of them work through Android Auto, app has to be owned by google for it to work

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                        None of them work through Android Auto, app has to be owned by google for it to work
                        Saying that there is a hack for the isg intellilink not sure if it will work with the facelifts latest firmware update. But the hack is to enable the car display to literally mirror the phone.

Comment

Yes seen that, should work OK once phone is rooted. But rooting phone can stop Google pay and some bank apps from working. I can live with what Android Auto provides.
                          Saying that there is a hack for the isg intellilink not sure if it will work with the facelifts latest firmware update. But the hack is to enable the car display to literally mirror the phone.

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Something to tmdo with bootloader being unlocked, makes system more open to cyber attacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                              Yeah it will be a software update to enable it. As you are aware some dealers are oblivious to such updates.
                              @Lewish on early facelift model let's say 2015 that dont have projection and traffic icon on the main screen, is it possible to update the sw to the latest so it has projection feature and traffic feature.

Comment

@Lewish on early facelift model let's say 2015 that dont have projection and traffic icon on the main screen, is it possible to update the sw to the latest so it has projection feature and traffic feature.
                                Will need hmi 2.5 and a 2016 radio module programmed and configured to that car.

Expensive.

Comment

Working...
                                X