Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mileage Vs age

Hi guys and gals
    Decided an insignia estate is my next car. Up to £9k budget.
    Seen some 2015 cars with high mileage well under that (110k to 130k ish).
    Seen some 2013/14 cars with 60/80k fir more money.
    Aiming for the 163 engine ( I tow) but would take a 134.
    So long as it is the low tax bracket not overly worried.
    My Q is. Which is the better buy. High mileage newer FSH Or. A bit older but lower mileage ( would still insist on FSH).

me personally would go for lower mileage,,but,you pays your money and takes your chances,,like all cars..seen insignias with well over quarter of a million on the clock,,but also seen them break down sub 10k mls
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Thanks
      There seem to be quite a lot out there about 130k. Just wondered if this was a point at which issues arrive

Comment

what spec you after ? elite,,sri,,sri vx line ?

if youre towing,give the 1.6 cdti a miss,,,theyre gutless
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I would choose a 3-4yr old car with 60-80k over a 2yr old car with 120k.

In my experience, there is often a sinister reason why someone didn't want their car any more and in such cases where an expensive fault occurred I've found Network Q warranties are very good compared to aftermarket warranties which have a lot of get out clauses in the small print.

Comment

Just had quick look on auto trader, for under 9k you have a huge choice of 65/66 plates ranging from 30000 - 60000 miles.
            All 2.0 estates some with high spec etc

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
            Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

My fav

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Low milage, one owner, top spec, loads of extras, good colour.
                16" wheels don't sound right thou, 18" on the elite. Maybe a typo.
                But shows you they are out there.

Comment

Sorry its not the elite, that was another one I was looking at. You get the point thou. I was a good 2 months searching for mine. And it was second choice , I left it to long on the one we wanted and it got sold without a test drive, exactly same spec as one I got but 8k less mileage.

Good luck

Comment

Spec is again not an issue.
                    Not over keen on the part leather trim but sat nav would be nice

Comment

That looks ace. Trouble is it’s 200 miles from me. That’s the trouble with living in Yorkshire

Comment

Seen this one.
                        Looks pretty good
                        Might see if they will bring it north.

Hhttps://www.carshop.co.uk/used-car/PE16JMU?postcode=&utm_campaign=visit-website-vdp&utm_medium=partner&utm_source=autotrader

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                          Seen this one.
                          Looks pretty good
                          Might see if they will bring it north.

Hhttps://www.carshop.co.uk/used-car/PE16JMU?postcode=&utm_campaign=visit-website-vdp&utm_medium=partner&utm_source=autotrader
                          just looked at the advert and noticed under fitted extras its got spare wheel but since when has "gloss paint" been an extrathead also noticed it says its £30 road tax, Mines (the one I'm selling) a 2ltr, newer & euro 6 (with add blue) but tax is well over £30 so as tax was based on emissions in and around 2016 looks like they must have gone backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
                            just looked at the advert and noticed under fitted extras its got spare wheel but since when has "gloss paint" been an extrathead also noticed it says its £30 road tax, Mines (the one I'm selling) a 2ltr, newer & euro 6 (with add blue) but tax is well over £30 so as tax was based on emissions in and around 2016 looks like they must have gone backwards.
                            Tax bands changed from CO2-based to flat-rate of £140* in spring 2017. It's possible that some of the last Insignia VXRs only have to pay £140 road tax.

*particularly expensive cars have to pay considerably more for the first few years.

Comment

Mine is a euro 6,, 2l, £30year tax

Comment

Working...
                              X