need some wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some wax

ok need some wax, i have used some DoDo small jars of hard wax which i like but it seems hard to find in store, as i dont have the option to get it online in time can any one recommend any hard wax (not the sloppy stuff) that halfords sell as there local.

Try the Farecla G3 Super Gloss Paste Wax
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

is it the kind of wax that runs out of pot if pot tipped, I find with the runny stuff i put to much on then its hard to buff up.

Comment

I think they stock a couple of Megs paste wax,mirror bright and ultimate paste waxes.
        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Thanks will go online and do click n collect with trade discount card

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
            is it the kind of wax that runs out of pot if pot tipped, I find with the runny stuff i put to much on then its hard to buff up.
            No they are quite hard won't spill if tipped.Hth.

Comment

If you want your car to look nice for the day quick and easy then i would wash it, use a G3 clay mitt and finish of with some autoglym super resin polish
              the effects will only be temporary but it will give nice results quick and easy and all items available from halfords

if you had the time then i we could spend all day or week on detailing talk

Comment

Infinity show wax.
                Hard wax that doesn't need a workout to remove

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post
                  If you want your car to look nice for the day quick and easy then i would wash it, use a G3 clay mitt and finish of with some autoglym super resin polish
                  the effects will only be temporary but it will give nice results quick and easy and all items available from halfords

if you had the time then i we could spend all day or week on detailing talk
                  That's what I am starting with but as you say and having used "autoglym super resin" for years (and still do as I have a gallon tin) "it don't last long" I thought I do the autoglym but would put some wax after.

Comment

autoglym hd wax is good but overpriced
                    i like my collinite 915 or FK 1000P for daily drivers, perform great and good value for money too, not something halfords would stock

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
                      I think they stock a couple of Megs paste wax,mirror bright and ultimate paste waxes.
                      OK ended up with some of the above seems ok/good having done 3/4 of mrs car hopefully be doing insignia tomorrow but will be spending bit longer on that as its MINE
                      hoping all three cars will be shiny by Sunday.

Comment

ilunn,How did you rate the wax you used?

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
                          ilunn,How did you rate the wax you used?
                          Hi Howy
                          the Wax i got "Megs paste wax,mirror bright" i found to be about on par with the DODO juice I did the Renault with DODO and mrs car and min with Megs Wax which buffed up easy with little effort, all 3 cars were gone over with clay mit then polished with Auto gleam finished with the wax's, as a trial I then did half the bonnet on Renault with Megs Wax so drivers side had an extra layer of Wax, little difference on shine and when it rained slightly smaller water blobs on drivers side but one would hardly notice. To conclude I would use Megs Wax again.

Comment

Nice,good results

Comment

Might take it with me this weekend and give Insignia or renault another dose this weekend that's if it stops raining long enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X