Heated washers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by montyfert
    i had heated washer jets on my vectra think they were signum jets?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-V...4383.l4275.c10
    Does this just need powering + & -

Comment

Or problems when you start the car to warm it, then clear your windscreen and wipe your arm past the auto sensor; either frozen and stuck wipers or they take your fingers off.
      Always clear mine with warm water now starting at wipers. (On those times I forget the cover the night before)

'Nother problem coming home tonight; washers got going after sitting in M6 traffic and engine heat melted the nozzles, but, driving along washing windows meant headlamp washers shot out, froze and stuck out; queue visions of burning motors every windscreen clean.

Why went its cold do they not direct engine heat up the outside of the windscreen via vents around the washer nozzles.

1st world problems....

Comment

Where is the pipe feeding the nozzles I can’t see mine ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lff64 View Post
          Where is the pipe feeding the nozzles I can’t see mine ?

Hope that helps

Comment

Thanks for that , looks like the plastic has to come off to get too them then ��

Comment

I bought one of those heatshot units and fitted it today , not the easiest job to be honest but it appears to work well just need some ice on the windscreen to test it out properly , two blasts or steamy hot water which does seem to clean the window well.
              The fitting was made difficult by the pipe going to the jets this needs to be cut and diverted to the unit which sounds simple except the supply pipe is actually plastic and I really struggled to get the pipe connector to fit this and once I had cut it there was no going back .

Comment

Originally posted by Lff64 View Post
                I bought one of those heatshot units and fitted it today , not the easiest job to be honest but it appears to work well just need some ice on the windscreen to test it out properly , two blasts or steamy hot water which does seem to clean the window well.
                The fitting was made difficult by the pipe going to the jets this needs to be cut and diverted to the unit which sounds simple except the supply pipe is actually plastic and I really struggled to get the pipe connector to fit this and once I had cut it there was no going back .
                Hopefully with the weather changing again this week you can let us all know how good they are in the cold

Comment

If I still have the insignia next week I maybe having to take it off again , but it does seem to make the window a lot cleaner in normal use

Comment

Working...
                  X