Power steering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power steering

Hi all got in the car yesterday to go to work steering pump making a right noise,so had a look round ended taking to the place where i got car from 2 months ago guess what warranty dont cover that i did take out aa gold extended warranty guess what dont cover a pipe thats gone so the money i save up for a set of wheels now gone on that sorry for moaning dont having aa gold cover warranty

Still I would say that the dealer that sold you the car should bring in the car and repair under good faith. You've only had the car two months

For the first 6 months they have to prove that the pump wasn't a issue when they sold it to you (good look with that). And offer a repaired or partial refund.

I had a run in with evens halshaw a few years back. Sold me a car with a dodgy dual mass fly wheel. Went there three times to which they wouldn't admit until I took there head mechanic out who confirmed when i said to them it's the dmf. He said he couldn't do anything.

Next day I called there head office asking for a full refund as by my rights.

Car was booked in the next day with a courtesy car and with a clutch thrown in to..

Comment

Garages are crafty buggers and you pay that premium on top of trade in price you expect they sort issues out not just eating the profit.

Comment

Its back home now £300 lighter

Comment

Originally posted by W3BBO View Post
          Its back home now £300 lighter
          You should have kicked a fuss. Seriously

Find out your rights if you've bought a used car and something has gone wrong. You may have a legal right to a repair, the cost of a repair, or some or all of your money back.

Never back down especially in the first 6 months.

Comment

Hi all got in the car yesterday to go to work steering pump making a right noise,so had a look round ended taking to the place where i got car from 2 months ago guess what warranty dont cover that i did take out aa gold extended warranty guess what dont cover a pipe thats gone so the money i save up for a set of wheels now gone on that sorry for moaning dont having aa gold cover warranty
            Dont know what year your SRI is but your mention of a 'pipe' on the power steering would indicate its before the electric steering rack, which, if it is the pressure pipe from the pump to the rack and its failed at a bend on the aluminium section, it should have been replaced free of charge by the manufacturer, due to a fault, regardless of mileage. The dealer may argue the 'service bulletin' has run out years ago but I believe Vauxhall will not refuse a claim.

Comment

Thanks buttons its a 2010 reg im going to have to ring vauxhall and garage makesure its this bend pipe before i open my mouth again thanks buttons

Comment

Thanks buttons its a 2010 reg im going to have to ring vauxhall and garage makesure its this bend pipe before i open my mouth again thanks buttons
                Based on reports of steering failures I'm aware of, its the high pressure pipe from the pump to the steering gear. I have experienced this with my own eyes. it sprays like a mist out of a pressure washer due to a crack in the aluminum section of the pipe and is likely to combust due to the proximity of the exhaust. I had mine replaced in good faith by Opel, no questions asked, years out or warranty. Like all my parts, I have kept my pipe.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/arti...xhall-insignia

Comment

I replaced this same pipe on mine, as it was badly corroded and I was worried about it bursting.

Not the nicest of jobs, but perfectly do-able for your budding home mechanic. From memory, I think the new pipe was about £70-£80.

Comment

Working...
                  X