No announcement yet.

Android Aftermarket 10.4 infotainment systems - Technical Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, my first impressions (without sound )
    Everything seems to work, even Google Play without a problem.
    Installed Maps and other Things and everything works like i wanted.
    Ok, i wanted to try "Here" but its not working...
    But at my Config the two USB Ports are fine.
    One normal i use in Front and the other small one is for my Original Cable that end in the Center Console.
    Pluged my 750GB USB3.0 Harddisk with my complete Music Collection and with a installed Folder Player everything works perfect.

Thats it for the moment but maybe i buy another Device because of my Infinity System.

Tom answered me in Private and told that he bought another Device and there it works.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evolution View Post
      Ok, my first impressions (without sound )
      Everything seems to work, even Google Play without a problem.
      Installed Maps and other Things and everything works like i wanted.
      Ok, i wanted to try "Here" but its not working...
      But at my Config the two USB Ports are fine.
      One normal i use in Front and the other small one is for my Original Cable that end in the Center Console.
      Pluged my 750GB USB3.0 Harddisk with my complete Music Collection and with a installed Folder Player everything works perfect.

Thats it for the moment but maybe i buy another Device because of my Infinity System.

Tom answered me in Private and told that he bought another Device and there it works.
      Here App doesn't work with the unit, shame i like the app.
      Did you get your small usb cable working, i made a convertor and installed my own cable.

Comment

• Yes behind my Headunit was a mini usb male cable that end in my Center console as a normal USB.
        Maybe it depends on your Original Headunit

I had a Navi 900 and in the Center console i have a USB and SD Card Slot and they work now because of the small USB cable.
        You don't have this cable?

Ok, Here is not working at your Device too...

Thats my installed Software:

Comment

Yes behind my Headunit was a mini usb male cable that end in my Center console as a normal USB.
          Maybe it depends on your Original Headunit

I had a Navi 900 and in the Center console i have a USB and SD Card Slot and they work now because of the small USB cable.
          You don't have this cable?

Ok, Here is not working at your Device too...

Thats my installed Software:
          https://www.dropbox.com/s/xopflvm7n9...50_LL.jpg?dl=0
          Yes i have the mini usb cable from the android device but i can't find the plug from the factory loom to connect this to. Mine was a navi 600 with usb and sd slot under armrest.

Strange they told me they don't have a new version to the os update, which clearly shows they have from looking at yours 20180427. Mine is running 20180117.

Comment

• This is the response i have from them 2 weeks ago

we still not get the update file from our software company .
            when we get it, i will inform you .
            best regards`
            candice song

Comment

• Originally posted by sriray View Post
              Yes i have the mini usb cable from the android device but i can't find the plug from the factory loom to connect this to. Mine was a navi 600 with usb and sd slot under armrest.

Strange they told me they don't have a new version to the os update, which clearly shows they have from looking at yours 20180427. Mine is running 20180117.
              The factory connector for the usb/sd card is by your left leg behind the plastic panel

Comment

• Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                The factory connector for the usb/sd card is by your left leg behind the plastic panel

Cheers I shall have a look

Comment

• Should be green in colour
                  Originally posted by sriray View Post
                  Cheers I shall have a look

Comment

• Comment

• Ok, something new from me...

First - i have Sound!
                      When you look at the look at the Connector from the Radio, there is one free slot.

At the Connector from the Car it's Pin 43 for Remote (the yellow/green wire).

So you have to connect the remote wire from the RCA to this Pin 43.

The only strange thing for now - i have only Sound when the Car is running.
                      Before i could start the Original Navi 900 with turning the Key but not start the Car...
                      Anyone an Idea?

My small USB that i mentioned:

And than one thing sriray
                      You bought an Adapter Cable to use the GPS from car - i ordered one from Amazon (the same description like you said) but its to big...

Is your Connector from the Car bigger?
                      What was your Original Headunit?

Comment

• Evolution

Thanks I shall take a look at the small usb, although thought mine looks different. My navi is the 600. Does the android work with both usb and sd slot?

My gps cable convertor is small fits fine with no issues.

Aftermarket unit only works with key in ignition unless you install a manual switch. I would not recommend using the android without engine running as it would drain your battery. It is more power hungry than the factory unit.

Comment

• Yes, SD and USB in the Center Console are working.
                          But i didn't tested Aux in until now.

Hm, strange - i found your Link to the cable convertor and it looks the same like mine.
                          I wonder if the Navi 900 has a smaller GPS connector than yours...

And the Infinity drives me crazy (or the Radio)
                          I made yesterday many tries to have Sound and finally it worked with the engine running - i thought that's the solution.
                          But today there is no sound again...

To test i have some Active Speaker at the Pre Outs and that is working everytime.

Maybe the 12V trigger from the Radio is to weak?
                          I check tomorrow 12V from another cable or from the lighter.

Yes, i know waht you say, but i was wondered why my Infinity Amp only worked with running engine - but now i know it was maybe not like what i thought...

Comment

Yes, SD and USB in the Center Console are working.
                            Yes, i know waht you say, but i was wondered why my Infinity Amp only worked with running engine - but now i know it was maybe not like what i thought...
                            Is there a way for you see if the infinity amp has been turned on. On normal aftermarket amps they are turned on via remote wire or signal-sensing.

Comment

• I have the latest 27/04/2018 image update if anyone wants it pm me.

Comment

• hi just updated the unit now everything upside down managed to rotate the screen setting/display rotate but the touch buttons remain upside down I hope you know what I am talking about

Comment

Working...
                                X