X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
    Happy days, that's going to be interesting ��
    Where you going?
    A place called Z I Motorsport. They were recommended by a few people. Bespoke map. Went for a visit to their workshop to check the place out first. Seems a professional outfit. Had a Mustang on the Dyno when I went, sounded AWESOME!

Comment

Nice, you should easily see off that Saxo this time round 😁 Good luck and let us know how it goes, keen to hear your thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by Grimlock View Post
        A place called Z I Motorsport. They were recommended by a few people. Bespoke map. Went for a visit to their workshop to check the place out first. Seems a professional outfit. Had a Mustang on the Dyno when I went, sounded AWESOME!

http://www.zimotorsport.com/
        I'm working on the estate Thurs,know that company well!
        Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Nice, you should easily see off that Saxo this time round �� Good luck and let us know how it goes, keen to hear your thoughts
          It's a BEAST! Now up to 265 BHP, which I think is fairly respectable! The extra torque is very noticeable too. Would definitely recommend. The car was fun to drive before, but it really feels like it's gone up a notch now!

Comment

Originally posted by Grimlock View Post
            It's a BEAST! Now up to 265 BHP, which I think is fairly respectable! The extra torque is very noticeable too. Would definitely recommend. The car was fun to drive before, but it really feels like it's gone up a notch now!
            Nice, was it mapped on the sport button? I know some do and others don't. How much was it?

Comment

Nice, was it mapped on the sport button? I know some do and others don't. How much was it?
              It was not mapped on the sport button, so what happens when i press the sport button now?? It was £200

Comment

Good price 👍 Your sport button will most likely still do as it did before then, just stiffen the ride, steering and more lively throttle response(And red dials! &#128513. When they map it on the sport button, everything happens only when it's active, including the map. Basically sport off, standard mapping and ride. Sport on, remap and all the flexride options activated. Not a big deal but is nice to have I suppose 😊

Comment

Good price [emoji106] Your sport button will most likely still do as it did before then, just stiffen the ride, steering and more lively throttle response(And red dials! [emoji16]). When they map it on the sport button, everything happens only when it's active, including the map. Basically sport off, standard mapping and ride. Sport on, remap and all the flexride options activated. Not a big deal but is nice to have I suppose [emoji4]
                  I enquired about this having dual maps on mine at couple well known places both say it can't be done, there is no such thing as dual map. I know this has been done on the old vectra c but not the newer Vauxhall models which I thought its strange. Not sure. He did have a look at the map setups to see if this is possible but to no avail.
                  My original plan was increase power of standard mode to 185bhp then with sports mode 205bhp. Anyway can't be done I was well disappointed. But what he did do is increase throttle response of standard mode to old sports response and then increase sports mode further more response. And power increase to 195bhp.
                  Im just going from my experience so not sure it is entirely possible.
                  If you believe the mappers I enquired are incompetents please share with us a company that has successfully done this on the insignia.

Comment

Tbh, you might be right and I couldn't explicitly say that it is done as a 'split' map as I haven't ever queried it. I have however experienced it first hand in a 2 litre turbo. Sport on and sport off are night and day, not just a nippier throttle response. In fact, it's enough for me to believe it is a standard map vs remap. I even looked at the boost pressure readout between the two. 11psi to 20psi is not down to just throttle response, that's for sure . The power could not be replicated in just standard mode, so no placebo there. Maybe someone with more knowledge could correct me about this. Who are these well known mappers?

Comment

Grimlock, what's the difference between Standard and Sport in yours power wise, out of interest? Basically, does the car pull noticibly harder?

Comment

Grimlock, what's the difference between Standard and Sport in yours power wise, out of interest? Basically, does the car pull noticibly harder?
                        With factory setup. Sports mode sharpens throttle response and steering, suspension and change back lighting. You feel it pulls a tad better.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                          With factory setup. Sports mode sharpens throttle response and steering, suspension and change back lighting. You feel it pulls a tad better.
                          Sorry, if I sound rude it isn't my intention, I am just trying to understand how his is behaving now . I know what sport does on the flexride spec, I have it myself. I am just interested in how Grimlock's is now after the remap. Is the remap power available regardless of Sport/standard mode because on the remap I was referring to earlier, the difference is huge between sport and standard compared to standard map which only feels like a slight more responsiveness and not actually more pull/power through the gear as it were. I hope that makes more sense now.

Comment

Sorry, if I sound rude it isn't my intention, I am just trying to understand how his is behaving now . I know what sport does on the flexride spec, I have it myself. I am just interested in how Grimlock's is now after the remap. Is the remap power available regardless of Sport/standard mode because on the remap I was referring to earlier, the difference is huge between sport and standard compared to standard map which only feels like a slight more responsiveness and not actually more pull/power through the gear as it were. I hope that makes more sense now.
                            Not at all pal. No worries.
                            With mine both modes run produce the same bhp but just sports mode is sharpen more than it was and normal mode response sharpen. Look at it as having those throttle response pedal box and selecting different settings.
                            Tbh I felt the pedal box works better in terms of sharpening response time.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                              Yes it does pull harder. Definitely noticeable! Worth doing.

Comment

Working...
                              X