Comment

No I’m from north Staffordshire!

Comment

Originally posted by Janey View Post
        No I’m from north Staffordshire!
        Ohhh thank the lord.
        We can all rest easy then

Comment

Oh dear this lady sounds a nightmare! I’m actually not a Jane! I’m a JANEY!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Janey View Post
            Oh dear this lady sounds a nightmare! I’m actually not a Jane! I’m a JANEY!!!!!
            Janey.....it wasn't a lady....it was an "IT"
            And yeah, it was a nightmare

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
                Welded in ???--I have been looking and what I can find is that there are 3 relays in the engine fuse box that control the headlights---I will put up the pictures and the number of the fuses that should be looked at---unfortunately the relay colours are not shown in the Haynes manual but of the 3 --[ATTACH=CONFIG]2590[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2591[/ATTACH]--2 should be the same colour.the fuses you need to check are --F14--F37 and F38.Ont he pictures you will see the Dots next to the relays that control the lights.if your garage is saying that the relays are welded then I would get an Auto electrician to have a look at it in case something is not right with the electrics----E-F and G are the relays------Dave
                So (in the pouring rain!) on checking the fuse box I noticed that the Right low beam (49) and Left Low Beam (50) fuses are actually missing completely!!!!! My question is would this affect "things" and also if i replace these fuses will it "do" anything weird to the car?? I've no idea why these are missing and for how long they've been missing. I certainly haven't removed them.

Comment

No there shouldn't be any fuses in there

Comment

Also I have spoken to the garage regarding the "welded" in statement and they now say they said "soldered" in!!! And also that the vehicle that had the relays soldered in was not my car but another vauxhall and they "were going by that one!!" so actually not looked at the relay unit at all!! I have asked that they recommend an auto electrician to look at it for me. And they're going to get back on that!! Meanwhile I have discovered that if i pull the indicator stalk towards me till the lights go on full (as if i was flashing someone!!) and then push it straight back to the ON FULL position the lights stay on fine with no flashing. This car gets weirder!! but i love it

Comment

OKAY well i wont waste time on that then...thanks so much you lot are awesome!!

Comment

If you pull the stalk towards you they will stay on until you release the stalk.

If you push it towards the dash then they will stay on until you pull it back into the middle.

Is that what your car is doing or not?

Comment

That is what Janey said in post 24.
                          LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
                            That is what Janey said in post 24.
                            So what's the issue then?

Comment

Lewish if you read post 1 you will see that the headlights are showing coming on/off on the dash but the lights when youget out and look are not on---seem to work then don't that's why I said look at the relays----Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                                If you pull the stalk towards you they will stay on until you release the stalk.

If you push it towards the dash then they will stay on until you pull it back into the middle.

Is that what your car is doing or not?

Yes If i pull the indicator stalk towards me its just to "flash" the lights on full at someone, until i release it.
                                If i push the stalk away from me that is supposed to make them stay on full beam permanently.
                                So what I do is is PULL the stalk towards me till they flash on then PUSH it away from me to the "stay on" position.
                                That way they stay on full and they're ok. I can't get full beam at all unless I do this.

Comment

Working...
                                X