Aaarrrrgh, Unbelievable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaarrrrgh, Unbelievable

So my 9 month old Grand Sport went in to Peter Vardy's in Perth today, for the second time, to get Engine management fault sorted, was showing P2138 (Throttle position sensor fault), they couldn't find the fault last week, however today the dealer confirmed the throttle pedal was faulty but lo and behold they can't get one because they are on back order, it could be days or even weeks they just don't know. The Grand Sport's only been out for a little over a year how can they have no stock?? . Don't worry they said if you bring back our courtesy car we have arranged for Eurocar to supply an Insignia till yours is ready. Half way to Perth I get a phone call from Eurocar saying sorry they don't have a car to give me.....not no Insignia they mean they have no cars at all not even a puddle jumper.
    So no doubt will have to go through the whole saga again tomorrow once they find a suitable car. Would like to say I'm surprised by all this but being in the motor trade sadly I'm not
    sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

That is sad news and I'm sure you're frustrated as hell. This is the thing wth new models, there are always teething problems in the first year or two e.g. poor design, inadequate testing of components, lack of knoweldge from dealerships etc etc. If this is a known issue then if they have sold a lot of vehicles affected then this will be the reason for the back order. Make sure you stand your ground and get the appropriate courtsey car. Vardy's can arrange to get another Insignia from another branch and I find it hard to believe that Eurocar haven't got one
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Eurocar hoping to get a delivery of tomorrow, but as Vauxhall are paying for it I won't be accepting anything smaller than the Insignia. At least they will deliver it to me, don't know how Vardy are getting their little Adam courtesy car back but that's their problem.
      sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

'but lo and behold they can't get one because they are on back order, it could be days or even weeks they just don't know'

Only enough for the production line......'we have not got their money yet but you have bought so we have your money'.

Comment

In situations like this they should take one from a new car they have sitting around
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
            In situations like this they should take one from a new car they have sitting around
            Yes, but then they could not sell it.

Once had a Wolseley 18/85 (lovely car) that needed a new drive flange. They were in short supply and all available ones were used on the production line. Ended up getting a s/h one and of course the breakers knew the situation so charged accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
              That would be nice .

Comment

Finally got a hire car through Vauxhall Assist whilst they look for a Throttle pedal for mine, Grand Sport Sri VX-line Nav in Satin Steel Grey with 200 miles on the clock. Very nice though I'm missing my Intellilux headlights already.
                Thought it wise to pay the £6 per day insurance rather than a £500 excess if I prang it
                Might have it for a while when does March POTM open up?
                sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

So ....pics of the hire car then
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Logosgil View Post
                    So ....pics of the hire car then
                    Tomorrow..its dark out there. ;-)
                    Lol
                    sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Originally posted by Minuteman View Post
                      Might have it for a while when does March POTM open up?
                      It's open now!
                      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Here she is Mrs Minutemans entry for POTM, weather turned really crappy here so can't get a decent pic.
                        While I love the colour I don't think the sculpted lines stand out as much as the Flipchip Silver. Which begs the Question Which colour suits the Original and Grand Sport body sculpting the best ??
                        sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

red
                          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

White.... ;-)

Comment

Nice [emoji846]

Comment

Working...
                              X