Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just took the plunge

Hi all.

Just purchased a ice box auto V5548 for my 2014 Insignia elite.

I was originally looking at the reprogramming side but in the end prices far exceeded the 300 quid I payed for this unit.

As with all android units I got the unit that matched the Navi 900. I've yet to receive the unit and after speaking with the guys at ice box auto I should get it some time next week.

Out of curiosity has anyone purchased one of these? I've ran with them in the past and I had a few issues with them.

My main issue is the Bluetooth mic quality. Has it improved?

Will I loose all access to the vehicle settings? Such as the configuring of the AFL system?

Anything else that I need to know about?

Thank you

watching this with interest now

Comment

im sure marko301 had one in his facelift,,had a few battery drain issues
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
        im sure marko301 had one in his facelift,,had a few battery drain issues
        Yeah I had a issue with it on my Passat. It's due to changing the sleep timing on the device which makes it continue on after the engine is off.

That or a dodgy wire.

IL do a review of it after fitting there isn't much on these devices for the insignia.

Comment

Yeah settings were all ok on it. I was in contact with icebox about it. They even sent me out a new canbus box but I still had the drain. Under normal driving conditions I don't think there would have been a problem but I do mainly short journeys so the drain was noticeable when starting the car. I only had one complete flat battery though due to playing with the unit without the engine running.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
            Yeah settings were all ok on it. I was in contact with icebox about it. They even sent me out a new canbus box but I still had the drain. Under normal driving conditions I don't think there would have been a problem but I do mainly short journeys so the drain was noticeable when starting the car. I only had one complete flat battery though due to playing with the unit without the engine running.
            Weird. I'm guessing the issue is still on going? Is it a wide spread issue or just affecting yourself?

I've never heard of a battery drain with these. The only thing I could think of is the device keeping awake when the engine is off. To which I stupidly changed in the settings on my Passat.

They offered a new unit or anything?

Comment

No this was April last year. I took my car into Evans Halshaw for a second opinion on the battery drain and when I went to pick the car up they had a Grand Sport in the showroom and I had a sit in it. Ordered one on the spot and picked it up 2 months later.
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Had this unit on my old car. Good unit. But haven’t purchased one for my new car as couple options that I will loose which I didn’t like.

Loose DAB function
                Loose the options on speedo screen such as audio info and phone info.

Some other little settings too which I been told.
                So put me off really
                Jonny
                Insignia SRi Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by jonathaneuk View Post
                  Had this unit on my old car. Good unit. But haven’t purchased one for my new car as couple options that I will loose which I didn’t like.

Loose DAB function
                  Loose the options on speedo screen such as audio info and phone info.

Some other little settings too which I been told.
                  So put me off really
                  What are these other functions?

The biggest lost to me is the DAB. Though when I say loss it's something I haven't used for months as I get all my music through streaming.

Out of curiosity what do the audio screen and phone screen display without the original head unit?

Thanks

Comment

Not sure what other functions are but just read about it somewhere. I know the phone screen and Audio screen are just blank on the display and doesn’t let you do anything.

Jonny
                    Jonny
                    Insignia SRi Turbo

Comment

Unfortunately I was in contact with ice box auto yesterday and due to my car being a Nav model the can bus would not be compatible so it doesn't look like this will be happening. Any ideas guys or am I just stuck with the Navi 900?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon199102 View Post
                        Unfortunately I was in contact with ice box auto yesterday and due to my car being a Nav model the can bus would not be compatible so it doesn't look like this will be happening. Any ideas guys or am I just stuck with the Navi 900?
                        I know of someone who had android nav whilst having factory nav. I can't remember who or what unit was used but I'll have a look around.

Comment

Not seen it done on an Insignia, but cut dash, fit motorised bracket with a 8" or 10" android tablet. Have it set up with automatic car apps. Seen other cars have it done, just power required to unit, rest done by Bluetooth.

Cheaper way is do above but have a tablet bracket sat below navi 900,ok if you have auto climate and everything so you don't need to get at centre console in a rush.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                          Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Working...
                          X