Windscreen cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windscreen cover

Well seeing as I had to scrape my windscreen this morning it got me thinking.

I want a cover for my windscreen, but most online look a bit crap.
    Has anyone got experience of these things?
    Do the do a siggy specific one?

Any recommendations?
    North Manchester - Diesel 2.0 litre 2013 facelift SRI VX-LINE CDTIA - Nav 900 Intellilink - 19" Diamond Alloys

Always found the straps damage the paint. Single sheet of plastic under each wiper works well.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Old bed sheet I use,does the sides aswell!
      Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
      Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Personally,I go down the route of starting the car 5-10 minutes before setting off,strangely satisfying getting into a warming car.
        Obviously this depends if it safe to do so,Unfortunately certain place have the lowest of the low or thief’s as their commonly known.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Barnoe View Post
          Well seeing as I had to scrape my windscreen this morning it got me thinking.

I want a cover for my windscreen, but most online look a bit crap.
          Has anyone got experience of these things?
          Do the do a siggy specific one?

Any recommendations?
          Bloody hell,already,what was the temp over there this morning,think it was 7c ,when I left for work
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I bought one of these from Costco https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232683583284 works good enough for me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	242633

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
              Old bed sheet I use,does the sides aswell!
              This for me as well...got a pile of old bed sheets/quilts in the garage that are used as dust sheets or for covering the cars. That said this coming winter will be my first with the heated front screen to go with the heated rear screen, mirrors, seats and steering wheel!! Get everything on, scrape side windows and into the nice warm seats and wheel to grab!!

Also now back to petrol which should warm up for the heaters quicker than the old diesel did. That rarely warmed up I’m the time it took me to drive to work!! Add in the leather driving seat which had the standard issue where the heated seat turned off after a couple of mins and it was bleeding freezing at times!!

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                Bloody hell,already,what was the temp over there this morning,think it was 7c ,when I left for work
                Yeah was 7 in Hull at 06:30

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
                  This for me as well...got a pile of old bed sheets/quilts in the garage that are used as dust sheets or for covering the cars. That said this coming winter will be my first with the heated front screen to go with the heated rear screen, mirrors, seats and steering wheel!! Get everything on, scrape side windows and into the nice warm seats and wheel to grab!!

Also now back to petrol which should warm up for the heaters quicker than the old diesel did. That rarely warmed up I’m the time it took me to drive to work!! Add in the leather driving seat which had the standard issue where the heated seat turned off after a couple of mins and it was bleeding freezing at times!!
                  Seats are great in this car, warm up quick stay on forever , do get bloody warm thou. No front heated screen, do miss that from old Ford Mondeo. Will just see how it goes this winter. Usually reverse onto drive, but if i drive on can stick nose into drive between house and fence to keep hard frost off i suppose.

Comment

I've never liked covers. I've found they can stick. Don't like scraping either or deicer. I do the same as Logo, Start the car a few minutes before setting off and let it warm up and thaw itself.
                    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Working...
                    X