What could be connected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What could be connected

We going away tomorrow and was sorting few bits around the car, now I had to drop the glove box to have better view of them connections, I can only think of the car was some sort of fleet vehicle in past but what could they connect to this?once we come back might have chance to trace the wiring somewhere.

some sort of tracker maybe ???
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Can you see the black cable hanging down going behind the blower, looks like is part of that, hmm will update here in couple weeks with my findings hoping to remove all this unnecessary connections. Looks like 3 separate devices connected or at least power for them, was hoping one of them was dash cam but no wire found so had to run my own.

Comment

DON'T CUT THE RED WIRE.......

just in case
        2018 1.5T SRi Nav
        Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
          DON'T CUT THE RED WIRE.......

just in case
          Don’t worry I won’t, will have to trace this first before I disconnect.

Comment

would be interesting to know what this turns out to be

Comment

Originally posted by MartyW View Post
              would be interesting to know what this turns out to be
              Should have some time over this weekend to find out, will let you know

Comment

Well after nearly 5h drive today first job on list what is them connections, well sorry gents but is nothing fancy just 13 pin towbar electrics but why so many connection? You can see on pic there is 3 separated connection, fuse 18 for transportation/ 26 power outlet load compartment and 4 infotainment, not sure why would this had to be connected to nr4 fuse? That black cable leads a cross dash to other side where it taps in to loom, then 2 cables leads to back where I found another connection. Car is fitted with parking sensors ect., towbar has been supply by TOW TRUST TOWBARS wonder if they fitted is well might give them a call see if they could shed some light. Electrics looks like provided by right connections.

Comment

I have a 13pin electric plug on my towbar,but got no connections in the glovebox fusebox,,its all in the boot one
                  ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

What could be connected

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                    I have a 13pin electric plug on my towbar,but got no connections in the glovebox fusebox,,its all in the boot one
                    Hmm going to make some phone calls next week see if I can get manual from right connection how this should be wired, would you mind sending me some pick of yours how is fitted in back? Also is yours have the LED trailer module?

Comment

found manual for the electrics

Looking at this diagram it would explain use of fuse 18 and 26 and running wire a cross to loom on right hand side of the dash for CAN and this looks like apply on tourer version and is highlighted in step 45, still trying to figure out why would something tap in to fuse 4.

Comment

Originally posted by ade555 View Post
                        Hmm going to make some phone calls next week see if I can get manual from right connection how this should be wired, would you mind sending me some pick of yours how is fitted in back? Also is yours have the LED trailer module?
                        what is the trailer module....mine beeps when trailer is hitched up,and indicators turn on,and it disables rear parking sensors

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                          what is the trailer module....mine beeps when trailer is hitched up,and indicators turn on,and it disables rear parking sensors
                          Right Connection LED trailer module, same thing you talking about by the sounds of things, there must be something different between hatchbacks and tourer for additional wiring could be something to do with power tailgate ect. don't know at this moment.

Comment

Working...
                          X