This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
    It's literally a 5 minute job. You should do it. They look so much better than the standard yellow halogens.

You can't just stick any in your dipped beam. It's important you get the correct cut off. Most sets will just dazzle other road users. These will give you the correct beam pattern https://www.ebay.ie/itm/264261797730?ul_noapp=true You also need error cancellers for the canbus. Something like these https://www.ebay.ie/itm/x2PCS-H7-LED...8AAOSwrR5biSKt It all fits inside the headlight and the cover fits back on nicely.

You can stick any in your main beam though and you don't need error cancellers for main beam because it isn't canbus. I have these in mine https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Nighteye-72W...AAAOSwKltexjC9 They turn unlit roads into daylight
    I have some Ring 130 xenon candles in at the moment which are .......130% better than standard candles (which I think are made from earwax) but still look a bit yellow. I will be changing soon before the dark nights, so thanks, I know you have done the research and I am looking forward to changing.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
      Another one with no taste.
      Now now each to there own I think the black wheels look good against the red imo

Comment

Originally posted by Kezo1995 View Post
        Now now each to there own I think the black wheels look good against the red imo
        Where's the dislike button.....

Comment

Hahaha

Comment

marko301 did you take the callipers off to paint them? If so was it an easy enough job? I done it on my Astra j and it was simple enough

Comment

@marko301 did you take the callipers off to paint them? If so was it an easy enough job? I done it on my Astra j and it was simple enough
              Nah did them on the car. A couple of coats of red Hammerite smooth.
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

And he rollered the wheels with the tyres on too

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                  And he rollered the wheels with the tyres on too
                  Hahahahhaha

Comment

Nah did them on the car. A couple of coats of red Hammerite smooth.
                    Looks good, was thinking yellow on mine had red on the j

Comment

Yeah yellow calipers look good on dark cars.
                      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	95D80CA8-D2E4-4A86-98CC-02BB9B8CF4C5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	247567Click image for larger version

Name:	9FFDD193-61DC-46F8-9338-539BF02A5EB8.jpg
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	247568

So i thought I take the chance to fit the leds that I bought for the Astra j about 2 years ago haha, couldn’t believe how easy it was to change the bulbs compared to the J and what a difference I makes to the appearance of the car.
                        Last edited by marko301; 05-07-2020, 07:41 PM. Reason: Rotate photos

Comment

So i thought I take the chance to fit the leds that I bought for the Astra j about 2 years ago haha, couldn’t believe how easy it was to change the bulbs compared to the J and what a difference I makes to the appearance of the car.
                          Yeah the colour looks miles better. I tried many that looked good in the headlight but they dazzled other drivers. Can you find a wall and park around 10 feet away so you can check your cut off? You need to be seeing a straight line with a kick up to the left.

Here are a couple of pics of the outputs from some of my LEDs bad and good.

This first one you will see there was no cut off

This second one has the correct cut off just like the original halogens

I've had those from the second pic fitted since November 2018 and never been flashed once. My car just had it's first MOT on Friday and the beam pattern was spot on.

Comment

Yeah the colour looks miles better. I tried many that looked good in the headlight but they dazzled other drivers. Can you find a wall and park around 10 feet away so you can check your cut off? You need to be seeing a straight line with a kick up to the left.

Here are a couple of pics of the outputs from some of my LEDs bad and good.

This first one you will see there was no cut off

This second one has the correct cut off just like the original halogens

I've had those from the second pic fitted since November 2018 and never been flashed once. My car just had it's first MOT on Friday and the beam pattern was spot on.
                            I’ll wait till it gets a bit darker and go down and try it but if it’s wrong I’ll just order the ones that you have in now that I know how easy a job it was

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	E90B6921-B48D-429A-9871-31B65A95D4AD.jpg
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	247575
                              Not the best wall I know but I’m not convinced with the pattern so I think I’ll invest in the set you’ve got
                              Last edited by marko301; 05-07-2020, 09:14 PM. Reason: Rotate photo

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6546[/ATTACH]
                                Not the best wall I know but I’m not convinced with the pattern so I think I’ll invest in the set you’ve got
                                Bloody sure it's not the best pattern ....your gonny get flashed by the fekkin starship enterprise by the looks of it

Comment

Working...
                                X