2l diesal ecoflex oil filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2l diesal ecoflex oil filter

Looking to do my next oil change myself, am i right in thinking i need to take the drivers wheel off to access the oil filter? and that its a 32mm socket to turn it?

cheers

Can do it from the top but a bit fiddly

Comment

Me and my father in law did mine the other week it can be done with out taking the wheel off but it’s a pain

Comment

32mm and can be done from under the car too as I have done - just need to remove the under tray when its on ramps/stands

Note: Just remember a rag or oil matt on the shaft/subframe as oil WILL run out once you remove the filter and if you're under the car.. in your face

Comment

cheers for the replies

so my next question do you suck or drain and no am not been pervvy, i was thinking of doing it this way to avoid the sump bolt. i do not have ramps.

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by chili View Post
            cheers for the replies

so my next question do you suck or drain and no am not been pervvy, i was thinking of doing it this way to avoid the sump bolt. i do not have ramps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJIflvEnBOk
            I drain personally. The bolt isn't that bad just be gentle with it.

As it is undoing it has holes on the bolt so will start coming out whilst undoing it. Once its slowed down remove the bolt fully

With no ramps or jack it would probably be easier just to use a sucker

Comment

Originally posted by chili View Post
              cheers for the replies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJIflvEnBOk
              It’s a lot easier to suck than bother with the sump plug, the pain is the placement of the oil filter

Comment

Originally posted by markinuckfield View Post
                It’s a lot easier to suck than bother with the sump plug, the pain is the placement of the oil filter
                yeah that was my thoughts too i am buggered if i can see the filter from the top of the motor. maybe take it to the garage by the time i have bought the oil and filter then the pump am not going to save much.

Comment

Is there any "how to do it" guide on the filter change with pics by any chance?

Comment

I changed mine by turning the wheel on the driver's side fully in. The oil filter if my memory serves me correctly is under the alternator.

It was a pain in the a## but I managed to get it off without removing the wheel. Though my hands are quite on the slim side.

Comment

Working...
                    X