Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remap

Anyone had the insignia remapped looking for suggestions on where to go

I had my old pre-facelift 160 mapped at Thorney. Great improvement on the car
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

What was the gains and can you remember sort of prices without been cheeky

Comment

Just booked my car in for a remap at the end of the month. There saying that I should get 190 hp with 400 nm of torque.

There charging 220 for this and to achive this there saying they need to remove the ECU and modify.

I'm doing this on a 2014 2.0 cdti 140 bhp with the F40 box.

The only concern I have is if the fly wheel is up for this. Any ideas guys?

Comment

Well I have the 2.0 cdti 163 and it’s up to 202hp and 455nm and that’s okay but not enough

Comment

Well you already have yours mapped higher. Mine was 195bhp. Cost was around £550 including before and after rolling road
            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

I'm with flick on this
              200 bhp -400ish torques is not enough but much better than standard
              ECU out and opened but it's not a Rocket science job
              It's a heavy car
              Vectra C had a much better engine
              Mine cost £200

Comment

I paid 175 for mine but no dyno so basically only going off what the computer said so could be wrong

Comment

I contemplated but picked up a dtuk box for cheap, I see a noticeable difference.

Comment

Where did you get that just so I can compare

Comment

Ebay, there's a definite power increase, better fuel economy too.

Comment

Originally posted by golfpaul View Post
                        ..... better fuel economy too.....
                        Or is it that the trip computer doesn't compensate for the increased fuel pressure (hence more fuel put into the cylinders not being accounted for by the trip computer)?

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
                          Or is it that the trip computer doesn't compensate for the increased fuel pressure (hence more fuel put into the cylinders not being accounted for by the trip computer)?
                          That is exactly what I heard with tuning boxes. They just intercept the signal in the middle and dump more fuel in, but not going through the ecu, so calculations are wrong. A remap on the other hand is the proper way, the ecu calculates everything, so it be correct.
                          That's the main difference between a tuning box and ecu remap, also tuning box is removable and you can resell if you sell your car. Saying that you can have a decent tuning box that performs well and economy not affected. Or a bad remap which will affect the cars performance and economy. Just have to do your research and get the best option.

Comment

Originally posted by mickyh7 View Post
                            I'm with flick on this
                            200 bhp -400ish torques is not enough but much better than standard
                            Try driving a 1.6T petrol running roughly 195bhp and 215ftlb of torque.
                            Lol. Car is bit heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                              Try driving a 1.6T petrol running roughly 195bhp and 215ftlb of torque.
                              Lol. Car is bit heavy.
                              I can't Ray I don't have access to one. Are you saying it's fast?
                              If it is I guess the Fuel consumption must suffer. I love Petrol cars but I get 60 + mpg out of my Derv. The miles I do it's a no brainer
                              Small engines and big turbos look great on paper for emissions but suck in real life fuel wise when you want to put your foot down. I would have a 3l petrol BMW tomorrow
                              Fantastic to drive but only 22mpg around town 30ish on a run. Very Cheap used, but fuel is £6.00 a gallon ?

Comment

Working...
                              X