Android Aftermarket 10.4 infotainment systems - Technical Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android Aftermarket 10.4 infotainment systems - Technical Discussion

This technical discussion is based on the newly available (2017) android aftermarket 10.4" display units made by prelingcar.

The product can be purchased from here

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tweaks and Tricks to unlock the full potential of this Android unit
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    With credits to our forum Android genius Crunch81

PERFORM AT YOUR OWN RISK

How2 Root this android unit

How2 install viper4android audio app

How2 disable net navi has stopped message

How2 remove the weather widget from the desktop

How2 install an alternative apps launcher
    Last edited by sriray; 03-03-2018, 05:22 PM.

Still testing out can't give you guys full review yet.

But first impressions it looks good, mounting plate to car is bit soft can easily bend.

No nav software came with mine.

The radio function don't work.

The system itself is basic. You would need to download third-party apps to unlock the full potential.

Attached Files

Comment

Current issues I'm having

1. No mirrorlink software.

2. Door open diagram not matching up to actual door opened.

3. Radio has crap signal.

4. Bluetooth phone software very basic.

5. Sent me 1 full usb cable and 1 mini A usb cable and you can't even use a mini A cable in as it has a bit where it sticks out.

6. 2 usb is not enough

7. No external SD card slot

8. The Speedo is not changeable to mph

9. The inbuilt es file manager shortcut has disappear from the desktop.

10. The climate controls panel cannot be minimised resulting some apps cannot display the full screen.

Comment

There is quite a few canbus setting name/code to choose from. The one they instructed me to use is 254 under BNR old excelle. This is no different to the one i was previously using code 222 Regal/15envision/cruze or BNR Cruze/Malibu

Comment

off course, well, were shall I start....It’s a crappy jelly bean android with a customized Rom. There is nothing almost you can change. Before you can change anything you need to be root user. To do that you need to root it, you can soft brick the device but on normal android devices that is not a problem because when you enter recovery mode with a combination of hardware buttons you can reflash it with original stock Rom, here comes the problem: Is it even possible to enter recovery mode without the original Rom, is it even possible to enter recovery mode from outside the booted software. Well, I found out that my English is not that bad at all compared to the person in Hong Kong which I am asking all these questions. My findings so far:

1 irritating clicking noise when calling through bluetooth. Maybe when flashing rom to android 6+ problem disappears.

2 The top bar with all the shortcuts is not changeable. This lies not in the launcher of android but in a separate piece off software. and you need to be rooted or superuser.

3 I am using tom tom and you cannot configure this as default navi app which makes the shortcut on top useless.

4 music shortcut on top useless, not using app

5 Radio app shortcut, useless, radio reception is very crappy. I already tried the fakra with transistor and 12v signal to re activate the antena amplifier which does not work. So only way of upgrading reception is to put in a new fakra antenna with amplifier, on the other hand I upgraded to unlimited data and now I am using internet radio, so that is sorted more or less.

5 there is almost no information to find about these devices. It comes without a decent manual, and the manual which is shipped with it does not provide info about the connections.

6 there is some kind of volume mixer/eq in the settings, nice, but it only works with the stock radio and music app, so if I use spotify or online radio, the mixes will not work on these apps! No bass boost, fader, treble, bass, balance etc etc. this is very crappy. Again, when superuser and flashed another rom, these things will be gone because these are problems due to a crappy customized rom based on a old version of android.

7 on the bottom there is also a nice widget with info about the airco and fan and temp. Also build in not in launcher and not changeable, after that, the temp up and temp down are not responding, also fan rpm lower higher not functioning, and yes, I have the right Canbus[emoji4]

There are also alot of positive things but it has no value of mentioning them here, you need to now the cons if you want to buy it. All the good things of a tablet, you now have in your car that on the other side is very positive off course.

I have the stock ROM now and an Updated ROM, both from the supplier in Hong Kong.

Important to mention: Supplier tries to be VERY helpfull, It is because of the language problem that communication is often a problem, on the other hand, the persons itself from the suplier are trying to be very helpfull and are replying fast to questions.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
            There is quite a few canbus setting name/code to choose from. The one they instructed me to use is 254 under BNR old excelle. This is no different to the one i was previously using code 222 Regal/15envision/cruze or BNR Cruze/Malibu
            It is strange that this problem occur because with me it is good. Did you try to change the car itself? If you swipe from left to right over the car you can change it. Also the canbus is the right one so that is good. If you want I can send you a Rom update from the seller which you can flash. Maybe that will sort it?

Comment

sriray: the es file explorer can be found in the playstore and is working, checkt it myself. Also the shortcut is possible to place on the desktop. About mirrorlink, do you have a android phone or Iphone?

Comment

I have downloaded 4 navigation to try out - Google maps, Tom Tom, sygic, and Garmin. I also notice you can't really choose which app the nav icon loads up.
                At the moment it is loading up Google maps by default and no way of choosing a different app. If I uninstall Google maps then it would load sygic as the alternative.

I have clicked the car icon that only changes the car shape model.

How did you get a system update so quick, I'm still waiting for her to send it. I'm still waiting for mine. I believe I have 6.0 marshmallow os.

Comment

Originally posted by crunch81 View Post
                  sriray: the es file explorer can be found in the playstore and is working, checkt it myself. Also the shortcut is possible to place on the desktop. About mirrorlink, do you have a android phone or Iphone?
                  How do you replace the shortcut. Only way I can load it is from play store.
                  I have got android and also Apple devices.
                  Which canbus code are you using.

Comment

Android Aftermarket 10.4" infotainment systems - Technical Discussion

I have downloaded 4 navigation to try out - Google maps, Tom Tom, sygic, and Garmin. I also notice you can't really choose which app the nav icon loads up.
                    At the moment it is loading up Google maps by default and no way of choosing a different app. If I uninstall Google maps then it would load sygic as the alternative.

I have clicked the car icon that only changes the car shape model.

How did you get a system update so quick, I'm still waiting for her to send it. I'm still waiting for mine. I believe I have 6.0 marshmallow os.
                    The info in the system information is false, I also see 2g ram and android 6.0, but it is not. Use es explorer, change in settings that system files are visible and the. Navigate to /system and select Build.prop, you will see the REAL software, here is mine in the picca below. Sdk level 17 with 4.4.2 makes Jelly crappy bean [emoji85]

Also, install kingroot through playstore. DO NOT PUSH ROOT NOW!!!!! Only push the first time to let the system retrieve info. Then you see something like this in my picca. No 2gb ram but only 1 gb

Comment

How do you replace the shortcut. Only way I can load it is from play store.
                      I have got android and also Apple devices.
                      Which canbus code are you using.
                      That’s right you have download it again throug playstore. When it is in the apps, push it and hold it, after that you can let it go on the desktop. (Shortcuts at top are not changeable) The canbus you are using is good. It works on my unit to. You can use regal, but also excelle L and Excelle old and malibu Cruze.

Comment

You first have to make sure you have the same info as me. Then you can flash it.

Comment

Cheers for the info, did not realize the system information was wrong. I already deleted and re-downloaded es explorer once and it has not reappeared in the apps but i give it another go and take a video for you to see the process.

Also did you receive 2 full size usb cables.

Comment

Small usb cable it came with. The other is full size usb.

Comment

Cheers for the info, did not realize the system information was wrong. I already deleted and re-downloaded es explorer once and it has not reappeared in the apps but i give it another go and take a video for you to see the process.

Also did you receive 2 full size usb cables.
                              There are two es file explorers, one works, the other does not. And I have one full size Usb port (there is only room for one on the back of the unit)

Comment

Working...
                              X