Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you change the front fog light bulbs on Insignia B? I tried peeking how to get to the bulb, but didn't find a clue what to remove first. There are hexagonal screws 1 on each side in front of the fog light assembly, but nothing happened while turning them both ways. Also there is some plastic covering underneath the fog light, that looked like it needs a lot more effort to remove.

Is there a simple way to swap the bulb?

Edit. Should've read the manual, instructions are there.

Comment

Ignore the manual. Simplest method is to lie down in front of the car and reach up behind the bumper

Comment

Karsta - those screws that didn't do anything might be to adjust the height of the fogs.
        Insignia B Sports Tourer Elite 170 manual, Flip Chip.

Comment

Originally posted by Defie View Post
          Ignore the manual. Simplest method is to lie down in front of the car and reach up behind the bumper
          Tried this. Left side might be doable behind the bumper, but the right side is way too cramped to reach the bulb. And my hands are quite small.

The "official" way seems fitting for me, the plastic cover comes out easily.

Comment

Defie are you happy with yours dipped beam LED bulbs? I'm planning to buy the same ones.

Also, just wondering, have anyone tried something like this.
            What is the chance that it's a genuine product?

Comment

Originally posted by Sabaka View Post
              Defie are you happy with yours dipped beam LED bulbs? I'm planning to buy the same ones.
              Extremely happy, great light and beam pattern. I tried many others without success before I found these..

Comment

Also, just wondering, have anyone tried something like this.
                What is the chance that it's a genuine product?
                Don't waste you time and money on any bulbs other than the ones Defie recommends. I also tried a few sets before I bought the ones Defie has and the beam patterns were terrible with no cut off.

I know I keep posting these images but I can't emphasize enough how important it is to get the correct beam pattern.

These are the usual LEDs you come across.... Ok in projector lights but no good in reflecters.

These are the ones I have after following Defie's recommendation.

Stick what you like in the main beam though. Brighter the better!
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Extremely happy, great light and beam pattern. I tried many others without success before I found these..
                  What do you think about those bulbs? The same manufacturer, similar price, but these are more powerful. Or the 50W bulbs will not fit?

Comment

What do you think about those bulbs? The same manufacturer, similar price, but these are more powerful. Or the 50W bulbs will not fit?
                    I would not expect they will work as expected. The key to success is the placement and position of the LED chips. They have to match exactly with the filament position of the Halogen. If not the beam pattern will be rubbish. I would suggest you go for what has already been proven correct. You may have to kiss a lot of frogs to find the prince otherwise ..

Marko and I were kissing frogs for a couple of months trying to find the best results

Comment

I would not expect they will work as expected. The key to success is the placement and position of the LED chips. They have to match exactly with the filament position of the Halogen. If not the beam pattern will be rubbish. I would suggest you go for what has already been proven correct. You may have to kiss a lot of frogs to find the prince otherwise ..

Marko and I were kissing frogs for a couple of months trying to find the best results
                      Thanks for the answers, but I still thinking about taking the risk. If those bulbs would be no good, I'll just put them into high beams. Wonder if there would be no problems for installing 1 cm longer bulb? You can see actual dimensions here. Also whats interesting that this bulb has integrated controller and Can-bus.

And searching thru the Ali I found lots of bulbs that has suspiciously high lumen numbers. And in comments it is possible to find people complaining that actually they produce less light than OEM halogen bulbs. What about those bulbs you are using? How much light do they produce compared to the stock bulbs? Because the official statement is 3000Lm for 1 bulb. That's not a lot compared to other bulbs statements of Lumens. And somehow products by big companies like Philips don't have such a huge lumen numbers like Chinese products.

Comment

It's worth the risk knowing you can put them in your high beam. The 1cm longer bulb you're looking at will easily fit inside the headlight. Some of the ones I tried were long. They fitted ok but the light spread was terrible like in the top picture above.

The ones in Defie's link are 6000lm per bulb. They're 12000lm per kit. They are a lot brighter than halogens and light the road ahead well in darker built up areas.
                        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                          It's worth the risk knowing you can put them in your high beam. The 1cm longer bulb you're looking at will easily fit inside the headlight. Some of the ones I tried were long. They fitted ok but the light spread was terrible like in the top picture above.

The ones in Defie's link are 6000lm per bulb. They're 12000lm per kit. They are a lot brighter than halogens and light the road ahead well in darker built up areas.
                          But in description it is written: "Max. Rated Lumens: 3000LM/pcs, 6000LM/set ", that's why I started to doubt. The link is here. And other aspect is that those descriptions often lie. The seller in my home country is recommending H7 CAN-BUS Philips ZES LED for the reflector headlights. But those are twice as expensive. I think I'll go with the same bulbs as in Defies car.

Comment

Strange. That isn't the original link. This is the link https://www.autostyling.com/lighting...headlight-kit/

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                              Strange. That isn't the original link. This is the link https://www.autostyling.com/lighting...headlight-kit/
                              Also this is the original link provided in a first post in this thread. But as Amazon does not send items to my country I've looked at other options where to get those bulbs.

Comment

I wouldn't look at anything with less than 4000lm but as you say, some of those stated to be really high lumens from China are usually lying sellers. Will Autostyling ship to your country? They're worth the money.

Comment

Working...
                                X