No announcement yet.

New Grand Sport ordered - Any Bulb details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Were your LED’s also horizontal before you rotated them?.

Comment

Yeah leds pointing sideways. If they don't look right how I've turned them I'll turn them back tomorrow. Weather permitting.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

These are what I ultimately plan to install but i wanted to test a set and be sure i coukd be error free before spending the extra cash.. engineered to match the halogen bulb output almost exactly

Marko.. video below (sorry in russian) showing the beam pattern comparison to halogen in a reflector housing

Comment

Originally posted by Defie View Post
          These are what I ultimately plan to install but i wanted to test a set and be sure i coukd be error free before spending the extra cash.. engineered to match the halogen bulb output almost exactly

Marko.. video below (sorry in russian) showing the beam pattern comparison to halogen in a reflector housing

https://youtu.be/F5_QWl2xQyY
          I tried mine against the garage door at work this morning and it has the kick up to the left side sinse I turned them last night so I'm going to see how they go. I took a photo. It was about 8:30am so daylight but dull.

The camera doesn't pick it up as strong but you can see the cut off.
          Last edited by marko301; 05-02-2018, 09:03 AM.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
            I tried mine against the garage door at work this morning and it has the kick up to the left side sinse I turned them last night so I'm going to see how they go. I took a photo. It was about 8:30am so daylight but dull.

The camera doesn't pick it up as strong but you can see the cut off.

Looks like a more defined line for sure. Might give mine a go until I convince the wife to buy me a present of some Philips LED’s

Comment

Let me know when you do get them and how you get on....I love a guinea pig.

I would have liked to have seen inside the lens on the video. I don't think the led bulb itself gave that cut off. There has to be something in the lens like the metal sheath in ours.

Comment

Any pics in the dark after you turned them ? I turned mine too but I am away with work for the week it will be Friday night before I get to see the result

Comment

I've only got some I took earlier when I got home from work but they're up against my house wall and don't give any definition. I'll try to get some shots tomorrow night.

Comment

These give you a better idea. Wasn't totally dark but dark enough. It started snowing so I just wanted to get home.

You can see the cut off and kick up to the left how they should be. That's with the level set on number 2 so there is room to drop it lower if you need to. I've been watching the cut off line on the back of cars and its just above the back bumper along the tailgate so definitely not shining into the preceding car's rear view mirror.

Comment

Can you adjust your lights Marko you said level 2, where’s the adjuster switch?

Comment

Looks great.. Maybe thats the way they are supposted to be fitted with the shield.. Lucky that they had a 90 degree adjustment feature

Any compromise on the light output since you rotated them ?

Comment

Originally posted by Neal_1974 View Post
                          Can you adjust your lights Marko you said level 2, where’s the adjuster switch?
                          You won't have it because you have the matrix lights.

Originally posted by Defie View Post
                          Looks great.. Maybe thats the way they are supposted to be fitted with the shield.. Lucky that they had a 90 degree adjustment feature

Any compromise on the light output since you rotated them ?
                          Not that I've noticed. I haven't been on dark roads yet but I can see it on the roads so I don't think there will be any problems.

Comment

Oh :/ mine seem a bit low and was looking for adjusters I presume they must move themselves then as they do a little wake up adjust when they turn on, still seem a bit low to me

Comment

If you have the wheel which I doubt, it's near the lights and fog light switch. Next to the ambient lighting dimmer.

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                                If you have the wheel which I doubt, it's near the lights and fog light switch. Next to the ambient lighting dimmer.
                                No I don’t think i do have a wheel just the dimmer and fog light switch, think there is a little blank square next to the dimer, I’ll look tomorrow. Thanks Marko [emoji106]

Comment

Working...
                                X