Debadge help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
    Teenage boys smell like cheeseie feet laced with half a can of Lynx .
    Try a small explosive charge , but there again it may end up like something out of the Italian job .
    Haha small explosive charge? No glue anymore, just a smouldering dent haha
    2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
    honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

BANG !!!!!!!!
      You were only supposed to blow the BL***y glue off !
      Or just set fire to the lynx "flame thrower"!
      I know I'm not much help .

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Thanks for your input chaps! Haha.

I managed to take it to the father in laws garage yesterday, he tried a couple of things and it wasn't budging at all. He said the two options are either put the stickers back on or it will need sanding down and resprayed.

So on that note...

How do I put them back on?

He's going to be doing me a bit of work in a few months so will get it all on a quote for me then, but can't leave that mess on the side of me car!

Comment

Originally posted by SwirlesY View Post
          Thanks for your input chaps! Haha.

I managed to take it to the father in laws garage yesterday, he tried a couple of things and it wasn't budging at all. He said the two options are either put the stickers back on or it will need sanding down and resprayed.

So on that note...

How do I put them back on?

He's going to be doing me a bit of work in a few months so will get it all on a quote for me then, but can't leave that mess on the side of me car!
          Double sided no more nails works, and can be cleaned off again, just stick to the back of the badge and cut around it with a Stanley knife.
          2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
          honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Originally posted by Jakxta View Post
            Double sided no more nails works, and can be cleaned off again, just stick to the back of the badge and cut around it with a Stanley knife.
            Nice one Jakxta!

Comment

Originally posted by SwirlesY View Post
              He said the two options are either put the stickers back on or it will need sanding down and resprayed.
              Did I not give you the same advice???

The only thing I would use, is double sided tape.

No overspill from this.

Comment

Surely some fine wet and dry to sand off the glue then a going over with a rotary polisher should sort this.

Get yourself on one of the detailing sites. One of the pro's will have come across this before. detailingworld maybe.
                2015 SRi Nav CDTi 140 VX-line Nav

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                  Did I not give you the same advice???

The only thing I would use, is double sided tape.

No overspill from this.
                  You did, thank you

Comment

Originally posted by aitkenaj View Post
                    Surely some fine wet and dry to sand off the glue then a going over with a rotary polisher should sort this.

Get yourself on one of the detailing sites. One of the pro's will have come across this before. detailingworld maybe.
                    He is an expert, he does alot of insurance repairs so he's an expert mechanically and with bodywork. I've got a long list for him in couple to get on so will get a full price list off him including a respray on the wings.

Comment

I wasn't having a pop at your Father-In-Law mate. The Pro detailers do lots of experiments with different products and contaminants and can save people a lot of time and money with re-sprays. I can imagine they get a lot of call-outs from people who have vandalised paintwork from jealous people and glue may be something they have come across in the past.

I'm only in Failsworth and have a rotary polisher if you haven't tried one already on it and would like to?
                      2015 SRi Nav CDTi 140 VX-line Nav

Comment

Originally posted by aitkenaj View Post
                        I wasn't having a pop at your Father-In-Law mate. The Pro detailers do lots of experiments with different products and contaminants and can save people a lot of time and money with re-sprays. I can imagine they get a lot of call-outs from people who have vandalised paintwork from jealous people and glue may be something they have come across in the past.

I'm only in Failsworth and have a rotary polisher if you haven't tried one already on it and would like to?
                        Oh not at all mate, I know you had no intentions of being shirty. Just wanted to say my father in law is a pro and not just 'Oh I know someone who knows someone'.

Ye he gave it a go with a rotary polisher and had a few attachments. Thank you for the offer though!

Also, let us know if your out for a cruise at some point!

I will have a look on the detailing sites though, cheers. I've got the stickers ready to go back on but I'll wait until I've had a look on those sites. Nice one!

Comment

Morning all!!

Just a quick update as to how I got on when bringing up this query on a detailing site.

Basically, the lads there suggested a few more methods and advice. Similar to what had already been suggested by you lovely lot. They did suggest a couple of certain products but with funds being a bit tight at the moment and her needing some other work doing firstly, I have, as suggested, put the SRI stickers back on. She is looking lovely once more

For anyone interested this is the thread from the website I went to.

Hi, I hope it is OK to post this, I have had some bodywork problems and a friend suggested posting on here. On my Insignia I have took off the SRI bad

Thanks again for everyones advice

Comment

Hi Swirlesy, and thanks for the update. To be honest, we're getting a bit fed up with people who sign up to the forum, post their problem, get loads of replies then disappear without so much as a thank you, never to be heard of again. It's such a nice change to get feedback.
                            Now, how about some photos?
                            2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                            Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Hi Pete, ye I can understand why! It is such a great thing to have a community like this that has so many generous and passionate people who offer advice, help, and as in aitkenaj's case, even offers to physically help with his equipment.

It's great that you are saving people god knows how much money and all you ask for in return is a thank you! I am fully aware of how much money and time forums such as this saves me and countless others, and thank you very much

Pics to come

Comment

I did this video to give an idea of how solid the texture is of what was left behind.

Comment

Working...
                                X