Coolant always low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant always low

This pops up each month even though I too it up?
    I cant see a leak anywhere.
    Does anyone else have this problem?

It's due a service this month I was gonna ask the mechanic to look into it... obviously I will be charged for doing so.
    North Manchester - Diesel 2.0 litre 2013 facelift SRI VX-LINE CDTIA - Nav 900 Intellilink - 19" Diamond Alloys

if your having to top up it regular then there could be a leak.

Comment

It shouldn't be losing any coolant at all.
      One place to check is just at the back where the EGR valve is, put you fingers under it and see if there is any sign of a leak.
      There is a metal/rubber gasket/cover plate between the EGR and the engine, The rubber perishes and they start to leak, especially if the EGR has been out to be cleaned.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	243024

Comment

Pressure cap seal?
        Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

This past week I have been having coolant issues. Taken in to the garage and had it pressure tested and it has come back fine. They flushed out the coolant anyway as I've never touched it since I got the car. But now I've lost more coolant since. Theres zero signs of leaks. EGR feels dry. The cap looks good. The only other time I've had coolant issues was with a blown head gasket on a Corsa C but I cant see any mayo build up anywhere and the coolant is clean. Does any one know any other potential faults it could be?

Comment

Not sure if you have seen this bud:
            http://www.techtalk.ie/wp-content/up...telverlust.pdf

Comment

Take the plastic cover of the top of the engine, at the back of the block is the inlet manifold, it could be leaking along the top and you will see evidence of coolant pooling around the seals. Had the same problem with mine. After complaining to Vauxhall they agreed to replace the compete manifold and charge for parts only.

Comment

Originally posted by richhaynes View Post
                The only other time I've had coolant issues was with a blown head gasket on a Corsa C but I cant see any mayo build up anywhere and the coolant is clean.
                You don't always get the mayo with head gasket failure, coolant can leak into the bore or the exhaust with no other symptoms at first.

However, before worrying about that, check all of the known issues that have been suggested by the other posters above.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkey View Post
                  Not sure if you have seen this bud:
                  http://www.techtalk.ie/wp-content/up...telverlust.pdf
                  It's not the EGR. I've had that issue on a previous siggy so I've checked and double checked. Its bone dry around there.

Comment

Originally posted by ceejaytee1979 View Post
                    Take the plastic cover of the top of the engine, at the back of the block is the inlet manifold, it could be leaking along the top and you will see evidence of coolant pooling around the seals. Had the same problem with mine. After complaining to Vauxhall they agreed to replace the compete manifold and charge for parts only.
                    Since it's only pooling there, does it evaporate off the block then? I cant see any moisture anywhere on the block which makes me think it's an internal issue. I will ask for advice at the meet tomorrow as it's taking about a week to eat through a bottle of coolant so I've got time to fix it

Comment

Mine wasnt disappearing that quickly, there was nothing obvious showing under the bonnet that it was evaporating. Also nothing leaking under the car. The garage picked it up when it went for a service.

Comment

In car Entertainment and Electronics...…………..COOLANT ALWAYS LOW????????

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                          In car Entertainment and Electronics...…………..COOLANT ALWAYS LOW????????
                          How do you know it isn't entertaining him?

Seriously though...I think he's posted it here with a thought it may be the electronics side of things showing the message in error.
                          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                            How do you know it isn't entertaining him?

Seriously though...I think he's posted it here with a thought it may be the electronics side of things showing the message in error.
                            I honestly give up now.

Comment

Perhaps sensor in the coolant container is faulty or that levelling thing in there. Unfortunately it's a whole part so you may try to replace it.

Comment

Working...
                              X