Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice going from 17in to 18in

Hi all.

My Insignia has the horrible 17inch 5 spoke steel wheels with plastic hubs on (225/55ZR17)

I've found alloys from another insignia that are 18inch (245/45ZR18)

Anything specific I should be aware off or pay attention to when viewing, buying, fitting, and afterwards?

Thanks in Advanced.

will go straight on,as will all insignia wheels,,,19s and 20s too
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
      will go straight on,as will all insignia wheels,,,19s and 20s too
      So overall radius wont be affected? Rolling speed will stay accurate? I know ride may get stiffer which isn't a bother for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Damon12345 View Post
        So overall radius wont be affected? Rolling speed will stay accurate? I know ride may get stiffer which isn't a bother for me.
        Yes,as long as the correct profile tyres for that particular size rim are fitted...ie 18s is 45,,19s is 40,and 20s is a 35 profile
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
          Yes,as long as the correct profile tyres for that particular size rim are fitted...ie 18s is 45,,19s is 40,and 20s is a 35 profile
          Is there any differences in stud patterns or hub sizes on any models from 2009-2011? Saloon/Estate?

Comment

Is there any differences in stud patterns or hub sizes on any models from 2009-2011? Saloon/Estate?
            Read post 2

Comment

Technically now the Insignia B is on the roads. Not all Insignia wheels will fit. Only Insignia A pre facelift and Insignia A facelift wheels will fit.
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Beaut

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190602_164340.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	243218

Comment

mega difference with a set of wheels.

looks cracking mate

Comment

one thing i have noticed since i changed mine from 17's to 18's was the actual speed......(shown on the digital display.....centre dashboard screen...flick through the options 1 to 7..) is slightly higher than you're travelling... ie if your speedo is showing thirty, you're actually doing around 28...ish

one way to test this is to find a roadside speed display...(the ones that flash your speed up as you approach it and turn red if your over the limit).. drive toward it at 30mph on the speedo (or the digital display), and see what the 'roadside display' says your doing..the one near me always says 28mph, however in the wife's Corsa it's spot on 30 mph on both...

god i hope this makes sense....
                    Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Langy View Post
                      one thing i have noticed since i changed mine from 17's to 18's was the actual speed......(shown on the digital display.....centre dashboard screen...flick through the options 1 to 7..) is slightly higher than you're travelling... ie if your speedo is showing thirty, you're actually doing around 28...ish

one way to test this is to find a roadside speed display...(the ones that flash your speed up as you approach it and turn red if your over the limit).. drive toward it at 30mph on the speedo (or the digital display), and see what the 'roadside display' says your doing..the one near me always says 28mph, however in the wife's Corsa it's spot on 30 mph on both...

My Insignia A Facelift with 19" always did this, the speed signs always read 1 to 2mph less then the indicated speed on the car. (19 was the standard size and had standard size tyres.)

Comment

Beaut

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1497[/ATTACH]
                        The first picture looks like it's wearing an armini suite with a pair of trainers
                        The second looks like it's wearing an armini suite with a pair of high heels ( just like I do on a Saturday night )
                        Looks a dish !

.K.M.P.C.U
                        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by Langy View Post

Mate I totally understand. I've had the same on both sets of wheels, also both my sat navs say I'm 2-4 mph below constantly if I'm doing 30(28)mph or 70(67)mph

Dunno what to do 🤔

Comment

You could also try one of the tyre size calculator apps on your phone, you can put the original trye size & the new tyre size in & it'll give you all the info, including the speed difference. Saves a trip out wasting fuel.

One thing to note, pretty much every cars speedo is a bit fast, i.e. you're actually going a bit slower than the speedo says. This 'bias' is built in by the manufacturer in some way to help you stay a bit under the actual speed you think you're doing, hopefully preventing you from getting a ticket.

Comment

Car looks much nicer with the 18’s I’ve the same wheels on my tourer.
                              As long as you’ve the oem size tyres speedo will read as before however as some members have pointed out there is a slight difference from speedo to actual but it’s the same for most cars.
                              I’m sure in one of the traffic police programmes they said they allow 10% for differences in speedos.

Comment

Working...
                              X