Broken garage door spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken garage door spring

We're currently an 'isolated household', so haven't had the car out of the garage for 3 days. Yesterday there was a weird noise in the middle of the afternoon, sort of a metallic clanging sound, only lasted about 2 seconds. Thought something had fallen over in the spare bedroom, but nothing apparent. Tomorrow is bin day, so this evening I opened the garage door to take the rubbish out and the electric door motor opened it about a foot then reversed it shut. Tried it again and the same thing happened. Further inspection revealed that one of the bloody springs had spontaneously snapped! So can't even get the car out of the garage.

Has anyone had experience of fitting replacement springs?
    2018 1.5T SRi Nav
    Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
    We're currently an 'isolated household', so haven't had the car out of the garage for 3 days. Yesterday there was a weird noise in the middle of the afternoon, sort of a metallic clanging sound, only lasted about 2 seconds. Thought something had fallen over in the spare bedroom, but nothing apparent. Tomorrow is bin day, so this evening I opened the garage door to take the rubbish out and the electric door motor opened it about a foot then reversed it shut. Tried it again and the same thing happened. Further inspection revealed that one of the bloody springs had spontaneously snapped! So can't even get the car out of the garage.

Has anyone had experience of fitting replacement springs?
    Front or rear???

Comment

Nearside or offside!!!!!

Comment

Smart arses

Here's the offending article:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200319_090606.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	245073

The replacement spring from Garador is £147 plus fitting, might try knotting some of my surgical support stockings together, see if that works
        2018 1.5T SRi Nav
        Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Smart arses

Here's the offending article:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4467[/ATTACH]

The replacement spring from Garador is £147 plus fitting, might try knotting some of my surgical support stockings together, see if that works
          Should work fine, £147 plus fitting is taking the ***s, what are they made of toilet paper?

Comment

Between £30-40 on tinternet!

Comment

Have you googled it? I'm seeing much cheaper prices than that, but of course I don't know exactly what you need.

We have springs available for all different types of Garador garage doors. If you have some trouble with your springs then replace them with us today!

Comment

Yeah, I chatted online with them, but they say the spring size I need is obsolete!
                2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

Yeah, I chatted online with them, but they say the spring size I need is obsolete!
                  Oh yeah.....it would be.
                  They've probably seen its a vunerable person with thousands in the bank and saw £££££££ signs.

Comment

Yup, that's me, vulnerable and loaded.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	1-scrooge-mcduck-victor-minca.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	245075
                    So where are all those twenty somethings wanting a sugar daddy?
                    2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

Yup, that's me, vulnerable and loaded.
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]4469[/ATTACH]
                      So where are all those twenty somethings wanting a sugar daddy?
                      I'm sure if you put an ad in Grinder or gaydar....ul get yer leg over

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                        I'm sure if you put an ad in Grinder or gaydar....ul get yer leg over
                        Personal experience, Rab?
                        2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

Does stuttering come with your dementia???

Comment

Personal experience, Rab?
                            Aye.... remember when I first met you on that site.....awww no, you can't...... dementia eh

Comment

Yay! Got the spring (£75 incl vat and p&p), fitted it today, it works!
                              Anyone want to buy a job lot of oil-stained surgical stockings?
                              2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

Working...
                              X