Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this a ticking time bomb for owners using Adblue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a ticking time bomb for owners using Adblue?

Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Didn't we say the same about DPFs, replacement cost can cost thousands?
    Not many broke down on the roads

Comment

I recall I had 2 mechenics believe that mine had gone when actually there was a hole in one of the main pipes causing the loss of air flow pressure into the turbo resulting in a loss of power to the drive/engine. This was a 60 plate insignia. The repair cost me a few hundreed to fix and 2 repairs bills as the first fix misdiagnsoed it as a DPF fault wihtout looking or testing anything.

Since then I have replaced it with another insignia this week (68 plate with 40K) and the EML has come on with a P20EE error code. I am havimg it diagnosed at Vauxhall next week, who I believe will know what they are doing when testing. Luckily under warrenty still and if that is not covered the dealership will pay the repair they inform me.

I will update the forum as the issue is resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
        Well, one of the difference is that the DPF was designed to function, where the AdBlue system of the Insignia A only started to do something after Vauxhall/Opel issued a software update. Before the update it didn't needed a refill, after the update every 4000 km. A bit like the EGR cooler on VW's which brakes down after removing of the cheating software.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst View Post
          Well, one of the difference is that the DPF was designed to function, where the AdBlue system of the Insignia A only started to do something after Vauxhall/Opel issued a software update. Before the update it didn't needed a refill, after the update every 4000 km. A bit like the EGR cooler on VW's which brakes down after removing of the cheating software.
          Like it designed to function. Lol.
          The egr meant to function as well but that broke down when I had vectra.
          All the emission control things are shite.

Comment

Originally posted by jolyon View Post
            I recall I had 2 mechenics believe that mine had gone when actually there was a hole in one of the main pipes causing the loss of air flow pressure into the turbo resulting in a loss of power to the drive/engine. This was a 60 plate insignia. The repair cost me a few hundreed to fix and 2 repairs bills as the first fix misdiagnsoed it as a DPF fault wihtout looking or testing anything.

Since then I have replaced it with another insignia this week (68 plate with 40K) and the EML has come on with a P20EE error code. I am havimg it diagnosed at Vauxhall next week, who I believe will know what they are doing when testing. Luckily under warrenty still and if that is not covered the dealership will pay the repair they inform me.

I will update the forum as the issue is resolved.
            Yeah good luck pal.

Comment

Yeah good luck pal.
              Any chance you can elaborate a little on why you are saying that. Thanks

Comment

Any chance you can elaborate a little on why you are saying that. Thanks
                Good luck getting it sorted. Confused.

Comment

Good luck getting it sorted. Confused.
                  I bet your a joy at christmas.

Comment

SRiray was being polite
                    As to this Adblue thingy ummmmmmmmm .
                    Well this maybe a GM thing ,
                    But I had a lease van for 3 years ,with 185,000 miles racked up on it and never once did it have a moments truble with anything connected with the Adblue system .

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                      SRiray was being polite
                      As to this Adblue thingy ummmmmmmmm .
                      Well this maybe a GM thing ,
                      But I had a lease van for 3 years ,with 185,000 miles racked up on it and never once did it have a moments truble with anything connected with the Adblue system .
                      Same with my caddy that ad blue not one issue with it and it lasts quite a while too

Comment

I was just trying to make light of the comment and see if there was anything I should be aware of. My last insignia lates 195k without any significant issues either until it died. This was to be expected though given its age and miles.

My worry was I need to figure it out as the car was purchased 2 days prior to the EML coming on and happened as the salesman called to ask how the car was performing. He was a little surprised when I said the EML had just come on.

Assured me I was covered either through the warranty for Vauxhall or the with them and I was assured not to worry.

Need to figure it out though and get it sorted either way as I love the car and these things happen.

Comment

I was just trying to make light of the comment and see if there was anything I should be aware of. My last insignia lates 195k without any significant issues either until it died. This was to be expected though given its age and miles.

My worry was I need to figure it out as the car was purchased 2 days prior to the EML coming on and happened as the salesman called to ask how the car was performing. He was a little surprised when I said the EML had just come on.

Assured me I was covered either through the warranty for Vauxhall or the with them and I was assured not to worry.

Need to figure it out though and get it sorted either way as I love the car and these things happen.
                          Now thats something that I have not come up against b4 "a salesman that cares after one signs on bottom line", to that salesman.

Comment

I'm on 94k miles with my ad blue insignia and It runs better now than it ever has

Comment

After a diagnostic with Vx the mechanic I spoke with checked everything and they could not find a fault with it. they were aware that there had been issues with the nox sensor and that the engine management light was triggered by something but there were no broken sensors and after 2 hours of testing and driving the car with it hooked up to software that monitors the emissions (before & after) there was no fixable fault that could be found they informed me. The mechanic was genuine and highlighted that it could be various systems that could trigger the EML. One of three issues I think but he could not say if this would happen again. I was reassured that the fault is logged so it if continues even past the warranty mileage mark Vx would fix it and he agreed was something he had seen before.

I mentioned that I had read about the fault in the insignia forums and the mechanic highlighted that the software running the car would stop the engine starting if the EML was not fixed. The reason for this is it would bypass the emissions aspect that gives the car eco credentials. I believe he quoted that the car would allow 50 start/stops before it would stop working and need to be towed in and tested (don’t quote me though). I questioned this, as that would take me 5 to 10 days and I had been driving the car with it on for 6 days. He then commented that if the light goes on I need to come in for a diagnostic as it is more expensive to switch off if the car won’t start. My worry was the cost of these things and hassle aspect. Apparently the adblu is essentially pigs urine and because the liquid is clear people try to put multiple ‘other’ liquids in and not iso standard adblu. All fascinating stuff for sure but in the back of my mind all I was thinking was the reason for the fault light was unknown still and it could be costly to diagnose and is if some aspect of it is broken expensive to fix. What the company that sold me the car would do if it was out of warranty is anyone’s guess but I would have had some statutory rights to rely on for the first 3 months I believe. I’m just pleased it is under warranty.

Of course I asked Vx to check if the fault had existed prior to the car being purchased (3 days before the light went on) and of course the request to check this was not passed on and he erased the data when he cleared the fault so They were not able to say.

Comment

Working...
                              X