Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash cam stolen..

Ugh some people..

Got into my car today to see my car door slightly ajar.

Noticed straight away the dash cam was gone.

Don't keep anything valuable in my car apart from a few d3s bulbs. They left those..

Can't recall leaving my car open but must of clearly.

Where was that

Comment

Originally posted by m8dave55 View Post
      Where was that
      At home unfortunately. Came out to find my door slightly ajar. Can't imagine a dash cams worth that much. They left the sun glasses and earphones though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon199102 View Post
        At home unfortunately. Came out to find my door slightly ajar. Can't imagine a dash cams worth that much. They left the sun glasses and earphones though.
        Hmmm maybe it was the footage? Lol.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Barstewards
          Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
          Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

What joke even if it's concreter down there still nick it

Comment

my guess is the same as Mattg

they've done something to the wall, house or car and chanced that the car was open incase it was caught on dashcam.

check for anything else out of place and ask across the road (if the cam was pointing that way and you have a neighbour) if theyve had any damage to property or attempted break-in

Comment

Whats your area like? Some places your car isn't even safe on its own drive.

Comment

its becoming a common thing now, people go around checking all car doors to see if they have been left unlocked
                  my sister had her car window smashed and all they took was some parking change from the ashtray

Comment

My old alfa 155 was left in the same condition, passenger door just on latch and my stereo front (pop off section) was missing... Looked around the car and it was on the wall at the side of the car!!

Comment

The area I live in is oppersite Aintree race course and is a nice area. My neighbors have a A6 a a8 and a Jag xe.

I guess a good place for oppertunists. Not the first time (although in a different place) I've had one nabbed though.

It was the only thing of any sort of value in the car. The car itself was on the drive with a Corsa parked behind it. So they entered far into my grounds to do it.

Shame I've seen people attempt to open car doors for that potential quick theft. Scum!

Comment

The area I live in is oppersite Aintree race course !
                        You've probably caught a scouser working on the camera.........................no wonder they wanted to erase it quickly
                        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

The area I live in is oppersite Aintree race course and is a nice area.

I guess a good place for oppertunists. Not the first time (although in a different place) I've had one nabbed though. The car itself was on the drive with a Corsa parked behind it. So they entered far into my grounds to do it.

Shame I've seen people attempt to open car doors for that potential quick theft. Scum!
                          They have indeed enter far in your grounds, don't seem that good area, if there are scums like that.

There has been numerous occasions where i forget to lock my car door, its been fine over in my area.

I recommend you installing an external wifi ip camera

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                            They have indeed enter far in your grounds, don't seem that good area, if there are scums like that.

There has been numerous occasions where i forget to lock my car door, its been fine over in my area.

I recommend you installing an external wifi ip camera
                            It's Liverpool. It's as nice as it gets ha.

I've forgotten to lock mine on many occasions and this has been the first occasion.

Live and learn I guess lock the bloody car ha. It's a shame there are houses here with CCTV but even so the police won't do anything and I won't get it back so what's the point even pursuing it?

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                              Maybe its such a nice area the scum commute in...

There have been reports of it happening in various nice parts of chesterfield with plenty of different people sharing CCTV footage on social media of folk just wandering up to their cars at any time of day and trying the handles on the off chance its open. We always lock the car on the drive but i'm now into a habit that when i lock the door or as i go to bed i will blip the keys for both cars as i'm close enough for it to register just to make sure they are locked. If they then go and smash something to break in there wasnt much more i could do really.

Police are so stretched these days that unless they can get firm evidence its a repeat offender and can be certain of a conviction its difficult for them to follow up all the reports. Even then when they get them they are often just let back on the street by the system generally to carry on doing it.

Comment

Working...
                              X