Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sport Tourer Boot

New to the forum and couldn't see an obvious place to put this

Picked up a 67 Sports Tourer SRI Nav today.
    Great car, decent spec!

So I took it for a spin up to Blackpool and I couldn't help but noticethe noise coming for the boot was really loud. Sounded like it's not sound proofed at all.

Tyres on the back are hankooks 18s and look in decent condition.

Is this normal? My initial thoughts are no as it was giving me a headache

Pulled up the carpet to find the polystyrene inserts and under that the spare wheel, looked fairly normal.

I'm planning on calling the dealership tomorrow, but just wanted to check with current owners...

Any ideas??

I have Hankooks on mine. They seem to come as standard on the 18s. I find them quiet but someone did mention he though they were a bit noisy. Mine is the Grand Sport so there are differences at the back. The main one being a very thick and what feels like a double skinned parcel shelf. I don't know what the Grand Tourer has. Is it just a roller? If so that could be allowing more noise through.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

My pre facelift tourer is noisy at the back and even louder with the back seats down

Comment

It's just a roller in the sports tourer.

Just sounds like an empty van when getting up there on the motorway, I'm surely thinking everyone doesn't have this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
          My pre facelift tourer is noisy at the back and even louder with the back seats down
          Ah so it is a thing...grrr didn't notice it on the test drive. Excitement clearly made me deaf 😂

Comment

I wonder if it's worth getting any of this and sticking it all over under the boot https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/5m-Roll-Car...xoCFpoQAvD_BwE
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by L36Ben View Post
              Ah so it is a thing...grrr didn't notice it on the test drive. Excitement clearly made me deaf ��
              Just turn up the radio

Tbh im used to it now it just is like a background noise

Lovely looking car btw

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                I wonder if it's worth getting any of this and sticking it all over under the boot https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/5m-Roll-Car...xoCFpoQAvD_BwE
                Good idea. Can't make it any worse anyway and for £20 it's not a big loss if it does nothing

Comment

Just turn up the radio

Tbh im used to it now it just is like a background noise

Lovely looking car btw
                  I could still hear it over normal radio volumes which was annoying.

Also thanks 👍🏻

Comment

Read through this. States about the tyre noise

Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport (2017 - 2022) in-depth review. Read our experts' views on the engine, practicality, running costs, overall performance and more.

Comment

Read through this. States about the tyre noise

https://www.parkers.co.uk/vauxhall/i...blueinjection/
                      "Rear tyre noise is quite pronounced on certain road surfaces"

Yep!

Comment

Originally posted by L36Ben View Post
                        "Rear tyre noise is quite pronounced on certain road surfaces"

Yep!
                        Don’t know what you could try. Don’t know if adjusting pressures may help or maybe changing tyres.

Very good write up though in that report

Comment

Don’t know what you could try. Don’t know if adjusting pressures may help or maybe changing tyres.

Very good write up though in that report
                          Well the extra sound proofing cannot hurt, tyre pressures are 39,39,36,36. They can be dropped to 32,32 into the "light" load parameters of the tpms.

Comment

it could be a wheel bearing i had this on a car many many years ago

Comment

Update on this.

I sent it to 06 Vauxhall to be checked for a random Engine Management Light and TCS Light which came up on my way to work and also for a knocking on the front drivers wheel and to see if the boot noise was normal.

They couldn't find a single issue with the car... It's going into a different Vauxhall dealership for the knocking noise and I will be forcing someone into the car to prove the existence of the knock.

Soooo.... I'm just going to soundproof the boot. Problem solved.

Comment

Working...
                              X