X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So basically after all this I still don’t know what to do

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
      The 2ltr SIDI Turbo has peak power between 2000-4000 rpm so you can cruise nicely without revving the crap out the engine. And is a very torquey engine. As I've said before you can be tootling round in 3rd gear at 20mph and if so desired be in excess of the motorway speed limit easily without changing gear . the only good thing about diesel is economy
      Exactly right, I hardly ever have to rev it to the red line to get it moving quickly, I'd say max about 4k such is the torque and band in which it delivers. I think from outside it must look weird picking up so quick without a screaming engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Flick19191 View Post
        Yes, after all this you might have to follow your gut. I don't think we're helping anymore, just making it worse

Comment

Still good to hear everyone’s opinion didn’t realise there was such a spilt divide

Comment

compromise,,get one of the last biturbos ,65 plates,map it,youll see 230+ hp ,nigh on 500nm torque,and still get 60+ mpg
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Aye that sounds good but how much is that going to cost

Comment

Aye that sounds good but how much is that going to cost
                dependind on spec and mileage,,if you find a low miler on a 15/65 plate ,about 10k ..all the biturbo elites are autos,,only the sri ,and sri vx lines are manuals
                ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Got 65plate elite now but would love to go back to vx-line but only around what my car is worth 2 kids and a wife so min skint

Comment

Quite a nice spec VX-Line here:

Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

As said all this is not helping you much , but at the end it comes down to you personally.
                      A car is a big chunk of anyone's money and to get it wrong is not the way to go .
                      There seems to be to camps
                      Petrol camp
                      Diesel camp .
                      Both with there own opinion which great to see . ( it's healthy to see )
                      You want power , but you can't have a VXR .
                      But with the car you have at the moment economy seems lacking
                      But exclusiv has thrown in the , what I would say is the best compromise.
                      The Biturbo
                      It's basically the same as the TTID
                      Small turbo spools up to 1500 then the bigger one takes over ,effectively no lag , and Is very mappable.
                      The one I had was the 180 BHP but maps are available to take it way above the 200 .
                      Fun to drive in standard form ,

.K.M.P.C.U
                      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

And with the Bi-Turbo or 2ltr Petrol Turbo you also get the benefit of Flexride adaptive suspension as standard
                        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

New Opel Insignia 2.0 CDTI BiTurbo with unique Twin Intercooler system - Engine Animation.Check more info on my NEW BLOG: http://riwal888.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                            And with the Bi-Turbo or 2ltr Petrol Turbo you also get the benefit of Flexride adaptive suspension as standard
                            And a factory twin exit exhaust

Comment

Biturbo the way to go I have decided now to see how much I can get for mine dual exhaust sold it, without sounding daft what difference does the sport and tour mode make

Comment

Biturbo the way to go I have decided now to see how much I can get for mine dual exhaust sold it, without sounding daft what difference does the sport and tour mode make
                                sport = stiffer ride,better throttle response,more sensitive steering,,,,and your clocks turn red

tour = softer ride,,,use it all the time on long motorway runs

dual exhaust sold it

Click image for larger version

Name:	62102545_1292503540912081_8359591157998551040_n.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	204.0 KB
ID:	243370

Comment

Working...
                                X