No announcement yet.

My insignia 09 Sri nav 130

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It might just be the original back plate causing the grinding. Did you have the lil cut or bent back?

Comment

• Originally posted by Unilateral View Post
      It might just be the original back plate causing the grinding. Did you have the lil cut or bent back?
      Had it cut. Don’t think it’s that as I would hear it more when driving, just seems to do it When I brake
      sigpic

Comment

• So car went into garage and as expected the noise stopped as I drove to garage [emoji35]. Anyway been ok since.

In other news car got remapped today. Sean from SM Tuning came to my house.

Took the ECU out and last mapper had bodged it and stuck gaffa tape round the ECU [emoji85]

He said I was very luck no moisture had got in as that could of f**ked it.

Anyway he had to put back to standard map and then start fresh. All done and it drives so much better; engine is much quieter, definite power increase and pulls really well through all the gears.

Very happy

sigpic

Comment

• That’s a proper bodge there.... did I do it??

Any smoke after your remap and how much does he charge? I’m changing my car so will need a remap on my new one.

Comment

That’s a proper bodge there.... did I do it??

Any smoke after your remap and how much does he charge? I’m changing my car so will need a remap on my new one.
            Haha.

I had quite a bit of smoke before then since I unplugged a sensor that was causing issues due to the dodgy map the smoke cleared.

After this map when I floored it there was a bit of smoke but think that was just clearing some crap out again. Going on a long run on Friday so will check smoke then.

He charged me £295. Obviously need to give mine some time yet as was only done today but knows what he is doing and just look at his reviews. All good [emoji1303]

What you getting next?
            sigpic

Comment

• I’m looking at a new shape mondeo. Not sure if I can part with the bmw just yet but I might have to.

Comment

• Mondeo [emoji85] come back Insignia!
                sigpic

Comment

• I thought about it but I’ve been there and done it so I’d prefer a change. Might regret it though!

Comment

• Quick update on the remap.

It’s superb! Power much improved and car is so much smoother now.

Slight improvement on MPG as well.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Little change today.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Didn’t like it.

Now changed to this

sigpic

Comment

• Rear badge done now as well

sigpic

Comment

• Love that badge. Way better.

I’ll give you a call next week about meeting up mate.

Comment

Love that badge. Way better.

I’ll give you a call next week about meeting up mate.
                              Cheers about badge.

Yeah good stuff. Think I have an issue with current lights as well.

Every now and again usually when cold the drivers side light won’t work. Turn car off an on and usually comes back on again.

The other night though got home from work at station. Turned car on in dark and no lights working [emoji85] luckily off and on worked again.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Want that badge how did you do it?
                                The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Working...
                                X