Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's peoples take on the latest Big Boris statement

Morning all

I'm seeing on other social media platforms that there seems to be a lot of confusion with regards to what was said last night in Boris's latest statement...

What's your take on it & how does it affect you & your family moving forward??

Personally it makes absolutely zero difference to me as i'm still stuck in the Middle East at work (I could get home but then couldn't get back out here, self employed with no chance of being Furloughed).
    So for me it's basically business as usual.

I don't normally have anything to do with political BS, but this is obviously effecting everyone to some degree.
    2016 1.4T SRi Nav (IntelliLink Navi900) S/S
    Stage 1 remap, Irmscher Style Door Pins, Full Buick Regal Grills, Badges & Airbag cover, VX Line Flat Bottom Steering Wheel (Colour coded), Custom 8' Digital Dash Cluster / Clocks, Video in Motion, VX Line Perforated Leather Seats package, Full White Interior LED's, Forge Atmospheric DV, Iridium NGK Plugs, Hardwall Hose Induction kit with Ramair JS108 Filter, Custom CNC Machined Dipstick, Custom CNC Oil, PS, Coolant & Window Washer bottle Caps, Custom Radiator Cover, 25mm Eibach Spacers (Front & Rear), VXR Brembo Calipers, EBC Camaro 355mm X 32mm solid discs & EBC Redstuff Pads, -40mm Direnza Springs, Dual Exit Exhaust, 20" Veeman VC7 Multispoke Alloys, Stainless downpipe, Elite Rear Boot Tail Lights, Heko's, Irmscher Rear Window Spoiler, Ducktail Spoiler, Full VX-Line Kit, ESC Magnetic Sump Plug, Nextbase 512GW Front & Rear Dash Cams, Reverse Cam, Removable Towbar.

I won't say what I think.

Comment

Makes no difference to me really. Worked all the way through it so far and still can't see my family. That's how it's been for the past 7 weeks. I don't get what all the confusion is about on social media though. It was clear to me. Not what I wanted to hear but I blame the media for getting people's hopes up. They've been going on about this family bubble for the past two weeks where two families or friends can come together. A lot of people including myself hoped this would be mentioned and a timescale given but nothing. This is what has caused a lot of anger I think.

The media should stop second guessing these lockdown announcements because they're gonna cause more people to break the rules.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

As stated makes no difference to me, worked from the start.
        I do think we have gone maybe 2 weeks early, everyone was basically sticking to it, if a 2md wave starts I can't see people falling back in line so easily.
        Go to work if you can he said, how many companies are going to change and put better procedures in? My guess not many. We are not doing anything really different, just a lot less staff, get everyone back and i can see what will happen..... Those that have stayed and worked will catch it, have to self isolate for 2 weeks and have to claim ssp as furlough is ending.
        Fingers crossed it all works out, Trip to work was longer this morning, Wren kitchens in Barton on Humber started back, bumper to bumper traffic at 06.30 this morning coming into Barton.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Nothings changed for us a text came through almost straight after Boris. Straight away i thought great I can go out then thought again well this is what everyone will be thinking so am still indoors 8 weeks on wednesday i counted all the blades of grass now. Hmm house bricks?? Alot of companies have re opened their doors today this is way too early i can see another wave on the horizon.

Comment

Agree with you all. I think the country should have locked down maybe 2 weeks earlier than we did (but hindsight is always 20/20, isn't it?) I sympathise with companies that are in difficulty, and expect many of the small independent ones will sadly go under without massive government support that we will ultimately fund through taxes on the future. And that change in slogan from 'stay at home' to 'stay alert' will simply provide the idiots with an excuse to have their mates round for a party.

On a different subject:
            Is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?
            2018 1.5T SRi Nav
            Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

beginning of week 7 for me,,we wont have work until the shops reopen ,and I think that is a minimum of another month away yet
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

We are still suffering almost 4000 new cases a day and 3-400 deaths, which suggests to me that there are not enough measures in place to stop the spead and he's risking that rising but suggesting (to me at least) that the risk is ok and that death rate is acceptable for the economy. I am fortunate that I don't work but I will not be travelling anywhere soon, I'll be sticking to one weekly local shop and some daily social distant exercise.
                Stay safe everyone.

Comment

from what I understand.....

England is a bit more opened up than the rest of the UK, Wales, Scotland and NI are keeping restrictions.

in England they can travel to beaches and have a bit more freedom to exercise, schools may start possibly phased re-opening after half tem.

shops, pubs and holiday parks staying shut.

Builders, tradesmen etc can go back to work if they cant work from home.

bit too slap handed personally, can see another spike shortly in England due to the new rules and everywhere cos of VE day parties.

i'm an NHS worker so have been in work since the lockdown, so I can see the field hospitals now being used.

Comment

Speaking selfishly I'm happy that we are still in lockdown. I've been working from home for nearly 9 weeks now, and my wife works for a company that supplies the oil and gas industries and she's happy with the social distancing measures they have in place. My daughter has learning difficulties so is very happy to stay indoors where she feels safe, but my lad however is climbing the walls wanting to see his friends. Having said that however, I know a lot of families are struggling with either being furloughed or having no income (self employed etc) so the government are between a rock and a hard place. They need to protect the economy as much as they can whilst protecting us from COVID-19, and i'm guessing some pretty difficult decisions have to be made. I'm glad I'm not making those decisions. At some point the tax-payer is going to have to help our economy recover, and that's when a lot of people will start to moan.

I'm not sure how I feel about allowing unlimited exercise out of the home. It seems too early for me, and makes it easier for people to break the terms and meet up with people outside of their household. I reckon it has something to do with mental health and is driven by facts and figures from medical experts.

I love this 'R' scale that Boris has referred to as it's easy for people to understand and helps us all rationalise the decisions he and his team are making. I guess we'll know more when he addresses parliament today.
                    2015 SRi Nav CDTi 140 VX-line Nav

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy6boys View Post
                      i'm an NHS worker so have been in work since the lockdown
                      Very well done Sir. Let's hope member's of the public start to treat you all with a lot more respect after this, and the Government reward you somehow. I remember after the 1st Gulf War us in the armed forces got a 12% pay rise which was gratefully received.
                      2015 SRi Nav CDTi 140 VX-line Nav

Comment

2nd wave is nigh

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                          2nd wave is nigh
                          For once I have to agree with you. [emoji23]

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                          Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

For us things wont be changing as we will both carry on working from home as we have been doing the whole time. My concern is that the government seems to have plonked all the decision making on the general public now as to how they go about things and to be honest a lot shouldnt be given this option. Its all utterly confusing for many as to what they can and cant do and many will see it as an invite to do what they want. I cant see how we will keep the infection rate down where they want to do the next steps based on the info he has given people last night as to what they can do.

I'm still annoyed that folk seem to have been doing what they want already in some places whilst we are trying to work from home with a 2yr old to entertain who hasnt seen any other family for weeks/months now other than over facetime. Over the weekend we had one neighbour have folk round for a drink before later on going to visit some other neighbours for a night in!

Comment

MR lizzard-t's take on it ?

keep smiling , be happy , and just carry on !
                              A big 10-4 good buddies !

.K.M.P.C.U
                              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                              X