Brown grill :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drew View Post
    I like the black look with chrome wing and badge. The new grill is like that and black round the outside as well. Pete has his wings black and just the badge chrome. Lots of ideas for you!
    So many ideas.

I wasn't going to do TOO much to it, mod wise.....but I'm now getting ideas [emoji16][emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by RunPT View Post
      Oooo that's hot!

I've done a bit of googling and seems to be unfixable, I can not cover it or replace really, but that black is a mint idea
      Have you tried a chrome cleaner like autosol etc

Comment

So many ideas.

I wasn't going to do TOO much to it, mod wise.....but I'm now getting ideas [emoji16][emoji16]
        Once you get that spray can in your hand, there'll be no stopping you!
        2018 1.5T SRi Nav
        Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by the gas man View Post
          Have you tried a chrome cleaner like autosol etc
          Nope but I have just found that online and it sounds promising

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
            Once you get that spray can in your hand, there'll be no stopping you!
            My overdraft will hate me.

Comment

Nope but I have just found that online and it sounds promising
              or a dab of t-cut
              Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
              Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
                or a dab of t-cut
                Did think of that but wasn't sure how it would be with the shiny-ness

Comment

Go lightly-if it's 'tarnish' should remove it.I think the trims on the grille are steel,think they are'pushed' on:

Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Just thought,I used the wife's CIF lemon cream on my tail pipes when I first bought the Insignia,cleaned up lovely,no scratching.

Comment

Go lightly-if it's 'tarnish' should remove it.I think the trims on the grille are steel,think they are'pushed' on:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chrome-Fr...IAAOSwlkheBpFS
                      I'm going to try a few things once the weather picks up, and I don't need to rush it

Comment

Have you been to a hand car wash lately?. The chemicals they use cause the same tarnishing if left to dwell to long. If it is the case the tarnish is there for good unfortunately.

Comment

Didn't know that,glad I don't use them!

Comment

Didn't know that,glad I don't use them!
                            They tend to use tfr that contains hydrochloric acid, ( the same acid you will find in most wheel cleaners ) they never mix it properly as the stronger it is the less time it takes them to clean a car.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickmagic View Post
                              Have you been to a hand car wash lately?. The chemicals they use cause the same tarnishing if left to dwell to long. If it is the case the tarnish is there for good unfortunately.
                              No idea I've only had the car a week

Comment

There is chrome paper that you can wrap and heat to attach it. I'm not sure if it is any food exposed to the elements though.

Comment

Working...
                                X