Clear All

Nice work Nick.

Was the wiring hard to do?

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
      Nice work Nick.

Was the wiring hard to do?
      Thanks

Not at all it’s all a straight swap. Hardest part was removing the heater control panel that took some pulling but quite intuitive when it comes to it.
      The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
        Apple car play looks much better than the AA interface.
        Not sure what the interface looks like ? But I like the giant iPhone on my dash [emoji51]wonder if the wife will notice [emoji23]
        The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicksri View Post
          Thanks

Not at all it’s all a straight swap. Hardest part was removing the heater control panel that took some pulling but quite intuitive when it comes to it.
          Did you get the stuff off eBay?

Comment

Disagree AA looks cleaner and updates at set intervals as your driving and everything swipes like an Android phone.

But suppose that's the idea, needs to look similar to your phone . I wouldn't be happy if car looked apple like with my android phone .

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
            Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Did geniom done this for you?
              MY14 Elite ST, Retrofit Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, Reverse cam with dynamic lines, 20" Bi-colour alloys, Bi-turbo twin exhaust and diffuser, Retrofit 8" cluster with OPC background, Sport Leather seats with leg extension. Lowered 30mm on V-Maxx springs. vxline steering wheel. All the factory options that comes with the Elite. Full audio build, Rockford DSR1 DSP, Sundown audio x12, 4 x Pioneer TS M650 P.R.O, Alpine tweeters.

Comment

Its great, i rarely drive the car without my phone plugged in to use it. If i'm listening to the radio i can change station with the buttons on the steering wheel if required.

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
                  Its great, i rarely drive the car without my phone plugged in to use it. If i'm listening to the radio i can change station with the buttons on the steering wheel if required.
                  Yeah I had AA it was alot better than standard nav. Just the layout could have been better.

Comment

Yeah I had AA it was alot better than standard nav. Just the layout could have been better.
                    Nav terms i use Apple Maps as it ties very nicely into my calendar so picks up addresses from there or the significant locations that the phone tracks. In a morning it will pop up asking me if i want directions to work so i can just click ok and vice versa when i get in to come home. Only time it may differ in a morning is if i've got an entry to drop my daughter off at nursery or grandparents and on a Thursday drop the dog off at doggy day care and if thats the case it will offer me directions to those places instead. Also anything else in my calendar will pop up automatically at the appropriate time if i get in the car and open apple maps. I have access to Google Maps as well but rarely used it and tried Waze but the CarPlay screen is horrible so i've deleted it.

I generally use Siri to make phone calls or read\send texts as well as entering places for the sat nav if i'm already moving and 99% of the time it works fine. Can also access my music and the TuneIn app should i need to.

Comment

• enjoyed this read,... great thread. Lots of good stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
                        enjoyed this read,... great thread. Lots of good stuff.
                        Thanks ! Still more to come.... big brakes (in my garage waiting ), 8inch tft Speedo Plasma coding them currently, black facelift grill, wheel spacers, intercooler then another remap aiming high .

Comment

• So I have just changed this solonoid! Put some smoked repeaters on now time to get booked back in to WYT to get my boost up ! As Jeremy clarkson would say POWER!

The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 233.5bhp 352.9lbft. Twin exhaust.

Comment

• More bits ordered before the re re remap not stutter there 3 times a charm. So it’s getting a 4 bar map and an 80mm maf going on! These things are up grades in preparation for a larger mod later on this year. I will gain with these sensors as more air = more bang and the map can read a higher pressure! Figure should increase dramatically

The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 233.5bhp 352.9lbft. Twin exhaust.

Comment

• Was there any reason why you replaced the solinode? A performance issue? I was told after my car was remapped if that I had any performance issues to replace this first.

Also who did you get to reprogram the hmi and radio module?

Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon199102 View Post
                                Was there any reason why you replaced the solinode? A performance issue? I was told after my car was remapped if that I had any performance issues to replace this first.

Also who did you get to reprogram the hmi and radio module?

Thank you.
                                I had issues with an error code, pointed to that or the MAP sensor changed both, uprated the MAP to 4bar. There’s a guy on here called Dean aka plasma on the forum that does it. He’s done my speedo yet to put it in.

Comment

Working...
                                X