No announcement yet.

Dash cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got my front hardwired in and fitted the rear window one(finally purchased).Pleased with the pair.
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

There a good idea these, as you just never know these days. Crash for cash etc.

Comment

Just looking at these and Halfords are doing the 422gw at same price as the 322gw, i'd want the additional rear camera, they say on their website they will fit for £30 which i would happily pay, but will they charge me a second £30, i'm thinking they will.

Has anyone paid for anyone else like auto electrician to fit both front, rear and the hardwire kit, if so how much should i expect to pay?

Comment

Save 30 quid and fit it yourself. There are plenty of tutorials, diagrams and help on forums that can assist you. Just plan it all before you jump into the job.

Comment

As said above,easy to fit yourself with the correct hardwire kit for the cam.
            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Damon12345 View Post
              Save 30 quid and fit it yourself. There are plenty of tutorials, diagrams and help on forums that can assist you. Just plan it all before you jump into the job.
              My problem is i have zero confidence in myself, if it were my old Saab, yeah maybe but on a car that (hopefully by this time next week) I've spent £11k on i'm not so sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
                As said above,easy to fit yourself with the correct hardwire kit for the cam.
                iirc, you've done front and rear (going back through thread)? How long (no pun intended) did it take you?

Comment

Fair enough. But if you let HalFrauds fit it, watch them with an eagle eye and check every trim they lay their fingers on afterwards.

It's a bummer that manufacturers don't have a factory fit option for cameras.

Comment

I've had them in my previous 2 or 3 cars. Not hard wired any of them. With the Insignia B I had them both plugged into the USB's behind the centre console. I'm always in the car myself so don't need them for anything else.
                    In the Passat the rear one is plugged into the 12v socket in the boot.
                    Nearly needed the recording once. Going onto the M8 from the A720. A BMW X5 was in the left lane for going onto the M8 and I was in the right, they went straight ahead for whatever reason and nearly took the rear off my car. I saved the video on the pc to show people

Comment

• Originally posted by CTID Hants View Post
                      iirc, you've done front and rear (going back through thread)? How long (no pun intended) did it take you?
                      Hi,Easy to fit front with hardwire kit,rear window a little care and time to route the cam wire to the front,around 1 hour.

Comment

• Thanks Howy

I did a search on YT tto see if anyone had done a how to for the Insignia GS and it bought one up for a Crossland, the closest i could find to the GS, all was going quite well until he mentioned airbag in the A post, i just know i'd set that off at great expense!!

Cheers

Ian

Comment

• Nah,you won't set it off,just fit the cable under the trim.

Comment

• I fitted the 422 in my wife's qashqai front and rear ( because that's the wY she likes it )
                            And on that truck you have to run the cables under trim and above doors to get the rear camera to the front .
                            As Howy says plan your route , and if you are a bit panicky, just get a a plastic trim removal tool , so you can get enough clearance to hide the cable between the join of 2 trim panels .no need to remove trim panels just hide the cable .
                            10-4 rubber dash cam !

.K.M.P.C.U
                            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

• Spot on-mine came with a 'small' plastic trim tool.

Comment

• Thanks Guys,

A friend has just told me that they just had a front and rear camera fitted by Halfords, including the hard wire kit all for £30, i think for the money vs my sanity i will let them fit it this time.

If they feck it up i will have recourse as they will have to be insured for a paid service.

Thanks again all,

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Working...
                                X