Have i killed my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have i killed my car

Added £48 worth of unleaded to a diesel, but on top of that i have drove 7 miles to work, tonight got in it and it sounds like its rattling itself to bits and engulfed in exhaust smoke not happy at all
    Last edited by RBH; 02-02-2020, 06:22 AM. Reason: Naughty wordy tooky outy

Not good don't use untill it's been drained and flushed.
    Hp fuel pump may require changing

Comment

Drain it fill with diesel and put abit of 2 stroke oil in you might be lucky!!

Comment

I always thought the nozzles in the petrol pumps couldn't be inserted into a diesel car as they're a bigger size.

Comment

A guy on facebook had real issues after this. Get it drianed asap, change the filters and get some descent fuel in it and hope its ok. Hopefully you are lucky
          The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Phone those lovely women who are not married ,who come out and drain your fuel tank .
            They are called Miss- fuel
            As RBH says the nozzles are different sizes so should not fit the hole
            But I know I'm guilty of trying to put things in the wrong hole .
            But what ever you do -
            Don't believe the hype
            Don't stop believing
            Don't believe anyone who says the cheque is in the post
            Don't eat yellow snow
            Don't touch it da,da,da,da - whaaaa,whaaa - Don't touch it da,da,da,da - whaaa,whaaa ! (MC Hammer style )

.K.M.P.C.U
            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
              I always thought the nozzles in the petrol pumps couldn't be inserted into a diesel car as they're a bigger size.
              It's the other around, diesel nozzle doesn't fit in a petrol car as it's larger.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst View Post
                It's the other around, diesel nozzle doesn't fit in a petrol car as it's larger.
                I knew it was something

Comment

I think diesel drivers have to compensate something

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst View Post
                    I think diesel drivers have to compensate something
                    You could be onto something

Comment

In topic normally the high pressure diesel pump at the engine is lubricated by the diesel. Petrol doesn't does this which damage it.

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                        Phone those lovely women who are not married ,who come out and drain your fuel tank .
                        They are called Miss- fuel
                        As RBH says the nozzles are different sizes so should not fit the hole
                        But I know I'm guilty of trying to put things in the wrong hole .
                        But what ever you do -
                        Don't believe the hype
                        Don't stop believing
                        Don't believe anyone who says the cheque is in the post
                        Don't eat yellow snow
                        Don't touch it da,da,da,da - whaaaa,whaaa - Don't touch it da,da,da,da - whaaa,whaaa ! (MC Hammer style )
                        ...and don't eat blackberries below waist height
                        2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                        Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Yeah, it's the other way round. Obviously can only be one way or the other....another reason why it's better to buy a petrol
                          But on a serious note, really gutted for you, hope you get it sorted without too many hassles.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                            I knew it was something
                            At every petrol station around me the petrol nozzle is way to big to fit in a diesel
                            2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
                            honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Can't think why they make it that way round, put petrol in a diesel and it does more damage (fuel pump injectors etc) than diesel in a petrol = lots of smoke!

Comment

Working...
                              X