Insignia 2014 Headlamp bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drew View Post
    These give a nice pattern and come back every year!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3866[/ATTACH]

Tried them in the past and failed the MOT
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
      Tried them in the past and failed the MOT
      If you had chopped them up and added them liver and bacon, minced beef or curry, they'd taste nice

Comment

as RBH says, halogens are just a waste of money. I ran my 2014 VXLine with HID for 4 years, my wife now has the car and due to HID now being illegal, I fitted some LED - almost as good, as the HID but a lot more practical. You can't effectively flash your headlight in the daytime of you have HID as they can't get to temperature / brightness (takes 30 seconds) - but LED - bob on,

Comment

They look spot on.

Am i looking for the same fitment as the link you showed? Ill have a look on the bay. Thanks [emoji1360]

Comment

When I had my facelift Insignia I had these LEDs in. https://www.horizonleds.co.uk/cree-l...d-headlight-v2

They're pretty dear but it was getting on for 3 years ago. I'm sure you can find cheaper equivalents on eBay etc now...

They were miles better than the horrible yellow halogens and matched the daytime running lights or "lines" as you call them perfectly. They're not quite as bright on the road as HIDs but they're not far off. I'd had HIDs in before I bought the LEDs and the HIDs only just pipped the LEDs on unlit country roads but they were still a big improvement over the halogens.

This is the colour match on the car,

They look spot on.

Am i looking for the same fitment as the link you showed? Ill have a look on the bay. Thanks [emoji1360]

Comment

Originally posted by Sean110 View Post
              They look spot on.

Yes same fitment.

Did i buy these of you marko301 ??

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                Yes same fitment.

Did i buy these of you marko301 ??
                My memory is terrible. Yeah probably.
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

My memory is terrible. Yeah probably.
                  I think I did you put a note in with the box.

If I remember correctly I didn't like them. I think I paid you £40.

Everyone will have differing opinions on headlight bulbs.
                  Sean110 my opinion is leds still have a way to go in terms of light output. Yes they may match the colour of the drls but I found they didn't offer hardly any additional light output.

In the end I stuck my HIDS back in. Obviously everyone should know by now the legalities of HIDS but I feel they offer more than leds at this current time.

People might be surprised but I found the halogen headlights more than ample for lighting the road at night.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                    I think I did you put a note in with the box.

If I remember correctly I didn't like them. I think I paid you £40.

Everyone will have differing opinions on headlight bulbs.
                    Sean110 my opinion is leds still have a way to go in terms of light output. Yes they may match the colour of the drls but I found they didn't offer hardly any additional light output.

In the end I stuck my HIDS back in. Obviously everyone should know by now the legalities of HIDS but I feel they offer more than leds at this current time.

People might be surprised but I found the halogen headlights more than ample for lighting the road at night.
                    Yeah rings a bell now. It's funny the different opinions. I went straight from HIDs to them and found the leds easily equal to them for normal night driving. I don't do much driving where I need main beam though so only tried them as a test and yeah, HIDs in projectors are better. But not by much. I think the reason Vauxhall returned to reflector lights in the Insignia B is because of the poor light output from projectors.

LEDs have come along a fair bit the past couple of years though. Those were 4000lm each bulb. The ones in my GS are 6000lm per bulb. They put way more light on the road than the HIDs I first had in. Main beam is amazing.

I'd be surprised if you can't get 6000lm 9012 bulbs for the facelift now.

Comment

Thanks guys. I think ill stick with LEDs for now. They seem to be better than the standard halogen bulbs but (by opinion) slightly on par with HIDs.

Ive seen some on the bay... 12.99 6000k (white which is what i want) same as marko301

Think there too cheap?

Comment

Thanks guys. I think ill stick with LEDs for now. They seem to be better than the standard halogen bulbs but (by opinion) slightly on par with HIDs.

Ive seen some on the bay... 12.99 6000k (white which is what i want) same as @marko301

Think there too cheap?

How many lumens are they. That's the important bit. Also make sure they state per bulb and not per kit. If they do state per kit, make sure its high enough per bulb when you half it. The higher the lumens, the better the output. Also if you're getting them with fan heatsinks you need to be looking for ones not to deep or you're not gonna get your cover back on. The ones in your pic look a little deep.

Comment

Too deep.....and too cheap

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                            Too deep.....and too cheap
                            Could you enlighten us please? [emoji23]

Comment

How many lumens are they. That's the important bit. Also make sure they state per bulb and not per kit. If they do state per kit, make sure its high enough per bulb when you half it. The higher the lumens, the better the output. Also if you're getting them with fan heatsinks you need to be looking for ones not to deep or you're not gonna get your cover back on. The ones in your pic look a little deep.

Found some 8000 lumen ones. Message seller about depth of bulb and if one bulb is 8000l or not. Thanks [emoji1360][emoji1360]

Comment

Could you enlighten us please? [emoji23]
                                Too deep..... headlight cover won't go on as the fan will stop it.
                                Too cheap.....you'll get no projection of light ahead of you.

If you go down the LED route, then you'll need to pay more for s better product.

There's a couple of members who have bought LEDs made by Koomtoom off Amazon.
                                They have positive reviews on them....but I think they're up around the £30 mark.

Comment

Working...
                                X